Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our good defence is back after international break...

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Hunemeier was good again tonight, hocking the ball off Wood being a highlight! He is producing a higher level of performance than i would have suspected from someone out of the first team for that long!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think that either him or Dunk should have cut out the cross for Wood as I am sure Duffy would have. Full credit to Wood he won the header and put it away superbly but shouldnt have had the opportunity.

No way Uwe. Dunk got sucked in, by good movement, classic two steps in and drift back, leaving Dunk marking thin air.

Clever movement, and Dunk partially culpable, but before that Kayal lost a 50/50 he needed to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
No way Uwe. Dunk got sucked in, by good movement, classic two steps in and drift back, leaving Dunk marking thin air.

Clever movement, and Dunk partially culpable, but before that Kayal lost a 50/50 he needed to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunk fully to blame for the opener weak defending got mugged by Woods!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I thought Tomori was very good, penalty aside. Bruno has the odd mistake in him too. Where I think we miss Bruno is in attack: he gives us some much-needed creativity. Uwe was very good; first goal wasn't the fault of the defence. We'll be OK.

I also thought Tomori was generally OK but the cross for the first goal was on his side and could have been stopped at source. Not necessarily a howler but could have done better. Wood jumped well and got a good head on it so can't criticise Dunk in the middle. Maybe if Duffy had been playing..........?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Dunk fully to blame for the opener weak defending got mugged by Woods!

Very harsh. He was moving back towards goal with Wood and was on his heels turning towards Wood when thecross came over. It not always the centre half's fault when the striker wins a header. There was no player called Woods on the pitch.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Very harsh. He was moving back towards goal with Wood and was on his heels turning towards Wood when thecross came over. It not always the centre half's fault when the striker wins a header. There was no player called Woods on the pitch.

Who's fault is it then?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sky showed that there were 5 defenders in a line from where the cross came in and Wood and none stopped either the cross or the header so blame must go equally to all 5 but from a cross you expect one of your CBs to get their head in. What it did show is that we lacked the same standard of delivery from our left side with a cross from the left foot of a defender or winger that we get from Bong or Pocognoli and when he came on March.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not sure our defence was to blame entirely. What happened to our offensive players. Did any of them apart from Solly actually have a good match.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not sure our defence was to blame entirely. What happened to our offensive players. Did any of them apart from Solly actually have a good match.

They definitely weren't to blame entirely as we offered precious little going forward with the exception of March. But we are generally a team based on defence and always have been ever since our return to this division.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world

I just saw the highlights and would say that Dunk should be disappointed with his 'effort' for the Wood header. He was on his heels, but had plenty of time to correct himself and put a challenge in. On another occasion he stuck a lame leg out at a cross that put us in danger. He can be great, but he has his faults - mostly, it seems, moments where he lacks concentration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here