Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are going to f*ck this up, aren't we?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The next four away games are eminently loseable that's for sure...the idea that our games get easier from here is not true

We have to hope we can win our home games. I expect us to lose away these days.

I expect if to go to the wire and I won't be that surprised if we feck it up either.
It is though, half our games are against teams in the bottom third of the table. Irrespective of form, these are easier games than playing 4th place away from home.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Hugely disappointed with the result. I said a few weeks ago that all we have to do is win our home games. That's placing incredible pressure on the team at the Amex. Blackburn seem to have ruined Fulham's play-off hopes and the team is going to have to show bundles of character in April. Still think we'll do it although the nerves will go through the roof.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We have a surprisingly good (bad?) track record of blowing up in important games in recent years, so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see it happen again.

We can't afford to drop points and rely on others to do the same because it won't happen every time - four losses in seven is relegation form, not promotion. The slide began with Lincoln.

There is far too much complacency here.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's the same everytime we loose, meltdown of the highest order on NSC.
We have to brush off all the bollox and get ready for next game.

FFS I had the chance to watch the Albion on some dodgy stream, with no buffering or breaks.
Bloody typical, that we had to loose :censored::censored:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Stephens and Kayal are the guilty men...AGAIN! Woeful midfield performances and Knocky will you ****ing pass the ball instead of trying to win the game alone!!

larus

Jesus Christ. We've played away at the team in 4th place and lost. We weren't at our best (IMO), but we didn't lose away 4-0 at a team fighting relegation .
I do wonder at the perspective of some posters on here. Can you imagine throat slitting next year when we're playing in the Premier League and losing a lot of games(which we very likely will).
We aren't entitled to win every game, and some games it just won't happen. So stop being pussies FFS.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Jesus Christ. We've played away at the team in 4th place and lost. We weren't at our best (IMO), but we didn't lose away 4-0 at a team fighting relegation .
I do wonder at the perspective of some posters on here. Can you imagine throat slitting next year when we're playing in the Premier League and losing a lot of games(which we very likely will).
We aren't entitled to win every game, and some games it just won't happen. So stop being pussies FFS.

This and this again. Belt up!!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I'm just frustrated that we put in a mediocre performance when other results went our way. Chance for some breathing room and we messed it up.

It seems to keep happening this season. Chances to get ahead of Newcastle, at least three, possibly more?
On the flip side. Newcastle have had their chances to put some distance between us and them, but they seem to want to stick close to us! :laugh:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
We need a bed wetting emoji for threads like this. I would rate this one a Quintuple Bedwetter.

We've just got probably the hardest of our remaining games out of the way and are little worse off than we were before the weekend.

Game by game, we are still up there.

Enjoy.

This.

Season.

They don't get much better than this.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can you imagine throat slitting next year when we're playing in the Premier League and losing a lot of games(which we very likely will).
But to go up, you need to beat the 4th placed team. Next year is a different issue - I expect this current team to get roundly stuffed by most Premier league teams, because they have just demonstrated they won't be good enough.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
But to go up, you need to beat the 4th placed team. Next year is a different issue - I expect this current team to get roundly stuffed by most Premier league teams, because they have just demonstrated they won't be good enough.

Do us and you a favour, go offer your 'support' elsewhere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We're not. Bad night but change your sheets and man up. We'll be fine.

I am thinking about getting a rubber under sheet as my mattress is going to get a soaking on the run in. :wink:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Sky get it right. Very equal in all respects except Wood converts, Murray didn't.

This. Very much so. I thought, for an away match against a top six opponent, we played okay. It was just a couple of moments that defined it- but not for us.

I'm not going to cry over it or throw my toys out the pram. I'm just going to order a curry (thanks to Tony's horse winning yesterday) and look forward to the rest of the season.

No-one died (although I feared for BFG when he run into the home fans behind the goal).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here