Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

21 points would guarantee promotion

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
If Huddersfield, who remain our closest challengers for automatic promotion, were to win their remaining nine games they would accumulate 27 points putting them on 98 points. (currently on 71). For the Albion to reach the same total, we require 21 points (currently 77). As our goal difference is vastly superior if they finished on the same total, the goal difference would see us promoted! Any points Huddersfield drop would mean the total points needed would drop by the equivalent points dropped, ie if Huddersfield draw the target point reduces by 2. 3 points to the Albion today would be most welcome!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
3 points today and look at our remaining fixtures and you'd suggest its pretty well game over. (Is there a fingers crossed emoji?)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I don't think anyone has ever missed out on automatic promotion if they have reached 92 points (an average of 2 per game) if we get to 92 first and then review how things stand I'm sure we will feel much better.

I'm certain CH will have a massive chart in his office that states where we anticipate picking up the 92 points from. I doubt Leeds away is somewhere we'd expect 3 points but maybe sneak 1. As long as we don't lose than we've had a better weekend than Huddersfield and that has got to be positive. If we do grab a win than the pressure is all on the chasing pack

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If Huddersfield, who remain our closest challengers for automatic promotion, were to win their remaining nine games they would accumulate 27 points putting them on 98 points. (currently on 71). For the Albion to reach the same total, we require 21 points (currently 77). As our goal difference is vastly superior if they finished on the same total, the goal difference would see us promoted! Any points Huddersfield drop would mean the total points needed would drop by the equivalent points dropped, ie if Huddersfield draw the target point reduces by 2. 3 points to the Albion today would be most welcome!
So how many do we need to win

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think anyone has ever missed out on automatic promotion if they have reached 92 points (an average of 2 per game) if we get to 92 first and then review how things stand I'm sure we will feel much better.

I'm certain CH will have a massive chart in his office that states where we anticipate picking up the 92 points from. I doubt Leeds away is somewhere we'd expect 3 points but maybe sneak 1. As long as we don't lose than we've had a better weekend than Huddersfield and that has got to be positive. If we do grab a win than the pressure is all on the chasing pack

Funnily enough I'm fairly certain that he doesn't. He has always said that he plays it low key, takes each game as it comes, tries to win it, then moves on to the next one. Then sees where we are placed come the end of the season.

No charts for Chris Hughton, massive or otherwise.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But if we win 7 games 1- 0 and lost the other 2 5-0 our goal difference would reduce by 3. Huddersfield win their last 9 games by 4-0 they go up.
So to be certain we need 22 points.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'm certain CH will have a massive chart in his office that states where we anticipate picking up the 92 points from.

and I'm equally certain that he doesn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here