Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Oh well onwards and upwards. I thought this was always going to be a tough game, they have been on a fantastic home form. Hopefully will be able to make the Blackburn game, first since my knee operation. Up the Albion

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
So for some reason right now Murray can't hit a barn door really get now and yet he gets picked and plays for 90, and we have options on the bench - why don't we use them?

Just asking.

He scored in the game before this one didn't he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought Uwe was a class apart tonight.

The only disappointment was the way they scored the first, all a bit to easy against some uncharacteristic 'powder puffing'.

I'd been building myself up for suggesting Tomer replacing Murray, but in hindsight I don't that that would have made the slightest difference.

Nobody can be truly surprised by how that game went, bit of a battle separated by a couple of 'moments', this time those moments went against us.
C'est la vie, win at home and everything will be rosy.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
He scored in the game before this one didn't he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he did but tonight he struggled so I'm just wondering why CH didn't try something new after 60 mins.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
What has hemed done to not warrant getting on the pitch?
Although today I think we lost it in the middle, too many weak challenges and not enough creativity.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Disappointing result, but Leeds did what Huddersfield did. Push us back quickly and press, and we cannot cope with this. Knockheart missed quality forward support from Bruno, but that's not to say Tomori didn't play well. At no point did we really look like scoring, and even when March came on(and made a small positive difference), delivery to him was poorly timed leaving him unable to really make an impact. The pen was a good strikers win, he was already going down and contact was minimal, but sadly in today's game it's a pen. Recharge over the International break, and hopefully kick on for the last 8 games

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
I'm only going off the radio commentary. It may have looked worse than it sounded. We had our chances and for the best part our back up defence with Hunemeier and Tomori stood up well. Was it a penalty?

Yes,Sky replayed it - was obvious that he had taken the Leeds players's legs away after the ball had gone. Dismal ending to a dismal game where yet again the lack of tactical nous from Albion showed through. The Leeds defence had clearly been well briefed (hey, maybe they even practice this a bit!) and played accordingly. No sign of a tactical change throughout the game from Albion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought Uwe was a class apart tonight..

Indeed. And Knocky was almost the inverse (poor). But that was our toughest remaining fixture and I am frankly not remotely bothered we lost. A win would have been tremendous, obv . . .

NEXT!

ps This was the Leeds BIGGEST game since they fell out of the premier league, way back in the late 1800s, judging by the heartwarming euphoria and jubilation that their champion fans showed tonight :lolol:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Remind me - how many 'barn doors' has he hit this season? Close to 20 now?

It just seems to me that he's not as sharp recently as he was earlier in the season, and so I'm puzzled why we don't try someone new in games like tonight when he misses a few.

Not slagging him off, simply thinking that if we have options then why don't we use them sometimes?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Thought Knocky was to blame for first goal. didnt work hard enough tonight.

No player should be immune from criticism, but Knockhaert has won us WAY more points than he has cost us this season.

Without his goals and all-round performances we'd still be trying to secure a play-off place at best.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
No player should be immune from criticism, but Knockhaert has won us WAY more points than he has cost us this season.

Without his goals and all-round performances we'd still be trying to secure a play-off place at best.

Not denying that. Should we not blame him for that goal then? Also thought Murray was really poor tonight, or can i not say that as he is our top goalscorer?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some weird posts on this thread by armchair fans. This was a tricky game and we are what we are. If you play darts you'll know don't get 180 every time you step up. FFS.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
I'm about a post a separate thread, telling you what to think about the match.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Seems to me that Knocky simply needs to learn to play the simpler ball sometimes in the penalty area.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here