Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't lose your shite if we don't win tomorrow night.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Huddersfield have taken 7 points from the last 15..
Surely not true.

Do you mean to put that they have taken 17pts from the last 5 games because the league awarded 2 bonus points for them being invincible...?

A loss tomorrow is still technically a win, tough away match, one less game this season etc.

So let's not have 2 weeks of dribbling melts saying we're the third best team, we've blown it, and all the rest of the bollox normally associated with a loss.

No this is wrong - it depends how we play.

If we play well and lose a tight game, you will have a valid point.

If we play badly and go a long way backwards from Derby, fans will be entitled to be hacked off and worried.

So as ever, it will actually depend on what happens in the real world of our actual football, not some preconceived fan mindset that takes no account of that

D

Deleted member 2719

Let's just keep the momentum going and take all 3 points. images.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A loss tomorrow is still technically a win, tough away match, one less game this season etc.

So let's not have 2 weeks of dribbling melts saying we're the third best team, we've blown it, and all the rest of the bollox normally associated with a loss.

I'd say at least a couple of things to this.

1. Welcome to our world Huddersfield, we've been there and done it for the best part of five years now.
2. What people say is not bollocks, it is their opinion and they are entitled to it, so stop being a dick.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Great news last night and whatever the result today I'll be smiling, but how is "A loss tomorrow is still technically a win"........ it would be a case of we got the same result as them in 3rd and thus not a disaster, but us loosing would not be a 'win'........ it would be another step closer but not a win shirly or am I missing something? A draw would be a productive weekend getting further ahead combined with us having a more difficult game done. A win is the only result that would be a win though?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No this is wrong - it depends how we play.

If we play well and lose a tight game, you will have a valid point.

If we play badly and go a long way backwards from Derby, fans will be entitled to be hacked off and worried.

So as ever, it will actually depend on what happens in the real world of our actual football, not some preconceived fan mindset that takes no account of that

You are wrong.

Unless of course Hughton leads the team in another point deducting mass brawl, then I honourably concede.

#YouKnowWhatHe'sLike

go a long way backwards from Derby
jeeez, even if that did make sense, I'm so glad I don't hold the team and manager in as low esteem than you do.

As said, tonight is the hardest game left this season and almost inexplicably it's become a free hit.

Save your hacked off and worried for after losing v Blackburn, who knows maybe you might not need it.

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
@%1;I get the sentiment of this thread, but a loss will never be as good as a win and will also lead to more games in hand pressure.
We should always capitalise on other teams failures, just as they would hope to when we stuff up.
It is good right now admittedly, but would be so much better to be 9 points ahead of them with them only having 1 game in hand.
We do have it in us to beat Leeds, just depends on which team turns up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
@%1;I get the sentiment of this thread, but a loss will never be as good as a win and will also lead to more games in hand pressure.
We should always capitalise on other teams failures, just as they would hope to when we stuff up.
It is good right now admittedly, but would be so much better to be 9 points ahead of them with them only having 1 game in hand.
We do have it in us to beat Leeds, just depends on which team turns up.
Always.

I'm not talking about the points, table etc.

I'm talking about the reaction that losing one game generates on here.
This is the championship, all results are always possible.
Yet here the Albion losing induces terminal decline and the end of days.

I'm suggesting, after last night we take tonight's result on the chin and stroll on manfully for the 2 weeks of nothing, until Blackburn.

Lose that, then we can all lose our shite.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A loss tomorrow is still technically a win

What rot. Let's sincerely hope that CH's team talk doesn't feature that little gem.

Still plenty of potential pratfalls between here and the finish line, including the Blackburn game which stands a good chance of being the traditional under-performance first game back from an international break. So the time to pile on the points is NOW.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Hughton will play for a draw : which is a good result but cant see this working against a high tempo Leeds side.

If we won we'd only be four more wins and a draw away!

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Hughton will play for a draw : which is a good result but cant see this working against a high tempo Leeds side.

If we won we'd only be four more wins and a draw away!

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

After last nights result surely we can play more positive football. Also how can you play for a draw?

I'm looking forward to a free flowing game of football and a fortnight of dry sheets on NSC.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Nice position to be in but after tomorrow's game Huddersfield could be 6 points behind with a game in hand, possibly 3 points with 8 games to go.......oh go on then it's looking good atm

But it's effectively a 6.5 point lead with goal difference and, even if we lose today, we can afford to lose one more game than Huddersfield across the rest of the season and they have to win their game in hand. Nobody is saying we are there but it is fair to say Leeds is our toughest game for the rest of the season and if we lose it is not a disaster now after Huddersfield's result.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What rot. Let's sincerely hope that CH's team talk doesn't feature that little gem.

Still plenty of potential pratfalls between here and the finish line, including the Blackburn game which stands a good chance of being the traditional under-performance first game back from an international break. So the time to pile on the points is NOW.
But this isn't a call to arms to the players, it's a call to calm for the fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here