Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Haha, you're kinda..
2a862b721d18f2757b89e02bc6495c9d.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Fair enough, keep niggling away if it amuses you.

Nah, you're no fun when you're trying to take the high ground and desperately trying keep your aggression in check. It's disappointing. Like when they had old people on Blind Date.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What a bunch of grumpy people ... if you want to celebrate St Patrick's day, if you don't agree then do your own thing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well it's not an anglo-saxon name is it?

Agreed. I don't think many 'English' names are Anglo-Saxon these days - I can honestly say that I haven't known any Wulfrics, Leofrics or Ethelreds in my time! Apparantly George (Giorgio) was originally a Greek name, but it seems to have wandered on to these shores with the Hanoverians 300 years ago, so that probably makes it English enough by now.

Anyway, it's all a bit academical - the tale is surely apocryphal. Unless, of course, you believe in dragons.......................

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Agreed. I don't think many 'English' names are Anglo-Saxon these days - I can honestly say that I haven't known any Wulfrics, Leofrics or Ethelreds in my time! Apparantly George (Giorgio) was originally a Greek name, but it seems to have wandered on to these shores with the Hanoverians 300 years ago, so that probably makes it English enough by now.

Anyway, it's all a bit academical - the tale is surely apocryphal. Unless, of course, you believe in dragons.......................

Yes, not many leofrics in brighton nowadays...

Quite interesting that it's only been around for 300 years, i would have assumed longer.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Bloke was probably born in Lancashire, Cornwall, or Dorset.
Son and grandson of a British deacon and priest.
Citizen of Provincia Britannia.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
St Patricks day should be banned
It’s a racist white supremist holiday that is a micro aggression that marginalises and discriminates against ethnic minorities + shamrock tattoos are nazi symbols…….or something .
:ffsparr:

" i can get down on bringing down the white man ( sorry you didnt hear that) " says the idiot

welcome to Town Snowflake

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We didn't!

At our office they came round with hats and whistles etc but I refused to take part.
Still waiting for our HR to confirm if we will be celebrating St Georges Day.
Malta celebrates St Patrick more than St Paul (Their Patron saint!)

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
St Patricks day should be banned
It’s a racist white supremist holiday that is a micro aggression that marginalises and discriminates against ethnic minorities + shamrock tattoos are nazi symbols…….or something .
:ffsparr:

" i can get down on bringing down the white man ( sorry you didnt hear that) " says the idiot

welcome to Town Snowflake

'St Patrick committed mass Genocide of Blacks'.

Dear God, these people walk among us. :shootself

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
We didn't!

At our office they came round with hats and whistles etc but I refused to take part.
Still waiting for our HR to confirm if we will be celebrating St Georges Day.
Malta celebrates St Patrick more than St Paul (Their Patron saint!)

the entire universe celebrates St Patrick's Day more than their patron saint!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here