Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Do WE Celebrate St.Patrick's Day?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
£2 a pint all day for Guinness in The Buck. I limited myself to two pints but it was absolutely lovely ordering a pint and handing over 2 pound coins. Reminded me of my early drinking days in the 90's. ****ing brilliant.
And I'm Irish and drink Guinness anyway so I'm allowed.

As an aside the idea of hating the Irish because of the IRA is ridiculous.

Last edited:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I learned to celebrate St Patrick's Day when I was at a Catholic primary school in Newport (St Joseph's), being taught by Irish nuns.

March was a brilliant month, since we were given the day off for religious holidays.

1 March ... St David's Day
17 March ... St Patrick's Day
19 March ... St Joseph's Day.

Chuck in Ash Wednesday and it's hard to see how we learned anything.

pretty much ditto ...... I f-ing hate nuns .... scare the sh*t out of me ever since I told sister ursula the starving children in Biafra were welcome to my school dinner

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I have no Irish heritage and lost a relative to an IRA attack so don't give two shits about them.

What winds me up is the wife's fourth generation American cousins drinking shots in Michigan called Semtex thinking it's cool and funny... Wankermotherfeckersifyouaskeme.

sorry to hear that, my dad was Irish and his brother worked in bars in NY, he hated St Patrick's day over there. Yeah calling a drink semtex is just sick

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
sorry to hear that, my dad was Irish and his brother worked in bars in NY, he hated St Patrick's day over there. Yeah calling a drink semtex is just sick

I discovered Irish Car Bombs in an Irish bar in Beirut.

Jamesons and Baileys in a shot glass submeged in half a pint of Gunness, lovely.

Only 11000 pounds a shot. (Lebanese pounds that is, about 4 quid in today's money...)

icb.jpg

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
What is it with the "not being allowed to celebrate St George's Day" stuff. Around here there is positive encouragement to do so.

It's a barefaced lie. Perpetuated by some, who I guess want to have an indirect pop at someone. Most probably they are too damn lazy to actually celebrate themselves or attend one of the many events being held. Page one contained the classic 'racist to celebrate St George's day'.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here