Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Former Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osbourne gets a new job...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Farce.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Footballers earn more in a week than MPs ern in a year also mangers and directors of many small and medium size companies earn far more than MPs who may only last Five years it's up to the voters .
We should say no outside jobs and reduce the number of MPs and pay them more money.
How ever if you are a doctor or dentist,solicitor you may have to keep up your qualifications.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
MPs do not deserve any more money, they are mostly just ringing it in, who genuinely believes their MP does a good job for them.

The state of political talent and engagement in the UK must be the lowest its ever been.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm OUTRAGED. He still hasn't sorted out the wheelie bin problem at number 27 either.

I'm going to write a STERN letter to Cheshire Life magazine.

To be fair to the guy he obviously did such a great job with the economy he can get and hold down SIX jobs ... leading by example. If only all MP's were as entrepreneurial and hardworking.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
MPs should not be allowed to have other jobs
The number of MPs should be radically reduced
The job of MP needs to be a vocational calling not a step onto the gravy train
Without this the UK has no real democracy

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The guy is just laughing at us all, Theresa May was right to eject him from the cabinet sharpish, he told us we would be in recession now and in need of an emergency budget, lies or misjudgement, either way no credibility. No doubt he will seek to use the editor job as a vehicle to attack Theresa May in a vindictive manner. Good thing is a good part of London is Labour so not too much damage to be done. I thought he was a poor chancellor taxed the poorest in society, then the artisans and eventually the middle class, his tax on landlords was probably the most punitive, it will force up rental prices whilst decreasing the rental market stock. He should resign as an MP as clearly he cannot possibly represent his constituency. So much for hard working MPs, he is a disgrace!!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm OUTRAGED. He still hasn't sorted out the wheelie bin problem at number 27 either.

I'm going to write a STERN letter to Cheshire Life magazine.
If you live in Knutsford, then there's more money in lecturing (leching?) than I thought.

Skint of Cheshire punk:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
MPs do not deserve any more money, they are mostly just ringing it in, who genuinely believes their MP does a good job for them.

The state of political talent and engagement in the UK must be the lowest its ever been.

Actually my experience of mp's is they are mostly very hard working. High profile cases like this skew the impression people have of them.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
To be fair, the standard of journalism at the Evening Standard is rock bottom, so he can hardly do any more damage...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here