Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joke du Jour

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Unless the Queen were based in Balmoral, it would seem rather a long journey for a 90 year old monarch to have to make, especially given that she is scaling down her public engagements and delegating more to William and Harry with their military careers.

It would have been more prudent for the soldiers on recovery to have visited Buckingham Palace and received their medals there.
    "To be honest, I was holding out just for Brighton really. This is where I wanted to be."
    - Bobby Zamora, Tuesday 4th August 2015

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      I've never been in the military so maybe I've missed something, but is it really common practice to pin a medal on someone's bum, regardless of their condition or the location of their affliction?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      There is no real specific treatment for tonsillitis, which is mainly dealt with by paracetamol and fluids. Very unlikely to require hospitalisation unless for surgery. I wonder if Soldier 3 actually had some other ailment requiring the wire brush? - in which case he is deliberately misleading our Majesty, as well as being rude and disrespectful in front of her. In which case it is perfectly proper that she didn't give him a medal - court martial would be far more appropriate!

0 Not allowed!
      If this is true reflection of the state of the devolved NHS in Scotland... I am pretty sure we are better off without them!

0 Not allowed!
      It's depressing to think of our brave boys having such limited access to decent medical treatment.

Enough of this foreign aid nonsense, let's look after our own.

does anyone have any pictures of dogs in fancy dress to lighten the mood?
      shut up and listen to 'Guided By Voices'
      I look nothing like him! Jack Straw's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SouthCoastOwl View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I've checked the NICE guidelines on the prescribed treatments for the diseases and disorders mentioned and you're wrong on all three counts!

...........and why didn't the third soldier get a medal?
      Yes. Why didn't the third soldier get a medal? If anybody knows, please could they post on here?
      Jack Straw's "Falmer Watch". See all the photos of the building of the Amex from start to finish, here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/128321...57651087142822
      Ticket stub collection here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/128321708@N03/collections
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'm concerned Her Majesty is awarding medals for no good reason. Does being in hospital with genital warts qualify these days? Surely more deserving acts of bravery in our armed forces.

0 Not allowed!
      Name:  dog soldier.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  317.5 KB
      "For those of you who aren't particularly happy with what happened in 2016,I've got some really bad news for you-it's going to get a bl**dy sight worse next year!"-The Nigel 24/11/16.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm concerned Her Majesty is awarding medals for no good reason. Does being in hospital with genital warts qualify these days? Surely more deserving acts of bravery in our armed forces.
      Having attended a military hospital suffering from an STD,a medal is very appropriate!
      "For those of you who aren't particularly happy with what happened in 2016,I've got some really bad news for you-it's going to get a bl**dy sight worse next year!"-The Nigel 24/11/16.

0 Not allowed!
      It might have been in the next ward, which was dealing with actual combat injuries, where one soldier informed the Queen that he had been shot up the backside.
      "Rectum?" asked the Queen.
      "No, just missed 'em" came the reply.
      "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposing team". Jean-Paul Sartre.