Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Friday 17th March Weekend Championship fixtures***

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So he we go good people of NSC another important weekend of Championship fixtures kicking off tonight with two "massive" games....

Tonight only a sane Albion fan will be hoping for a Bristol City victory and a "massive" win...

Friday:
Bristol City v Huddersfield Town
Sheffield Wednesday v Reading

Then I guess we will be all rooting for Zola to pull a fluke out of the bag.

Saturday:
Blackburn v Preston North End
Nottingahm Forest v Derby County
Birmingham City v Newcastle United
Burton Albion v Brentford
Cardiff City v Ipswich Town
Fulham v Woverhampton Wanderers
Norwich City v Barnsley
QPR v Rotherham
Wigan Athletic v Aston Villa

Leaving the most important game of the weekend until last....

How do you see the weekend going for us and the teams around us.

We don't always get what we want and I am expecting a Huddersfield, Newcastle victory.

But for some reason I believe we will come away with something from Leeds, just like my first visit to Elland Road when Graham Pearce scored an 89th minute winner to win 3-2 back in the 80s (not sure 85/86/87)

Oh the nerves....

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The sort of weekend when Huddersfield, and Newcastle lose.

Then we get all cocky and think we'll be top of the league.... and then lose ourselves :nono:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The sort of weekend when Huddersfield, and Newcastle lose.

Then we get all cocky and think we'll be top of the league.... and then lose ourselves :nono:

Which in turn would be a pretty decent result.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
So he we go good people of NSC another important weekend of Championship fixtures kicking off tonight with two "massive" games....

Tonight only a sane Albion fan will be hoping for a Bristol City victory and a "massive" win...

Friday:
Bristol City v Huddersfield Town
Sheffield Wednesday v Reading

Then I guess we will be all rooting for Zola to pull a fluke out of the bag.

Saturday:
Blackburn v Preston North End
Nottingahm Forest v Derby County
Birmingham City v Newcastle United
Burton Albion v Brentford
Cardiff City v Ipswich Town
Fulham v Woverhampton Wanderers
Norwich City v Barnsley
QPR v Rotherham
Wigan Athletic v Aston Villa

Leaving the most important game of the weekend until last....

How do you see the weekend going for us and the teams around us.

We don't always get what we want and I am expecting a Huddersfield, Newcastle victory.

But for some reason I believe we will come away with something from Leeds, just like my first visit to Elland Road when Graham Pearce scored an 89th minute winner to win 3-2 back in the 80s (not sure 85/86/87)

Oh the nerves....

It was Brighton's first win at Leeds on 28th December 1985 having played seven previously since the Division Two clash in the 60-61 season.

We've since not won for eight games until this current run in the Championship of four wins out of five.

On the other games I think Newcastle are nailed on but Bristol City could get a draw - they're scrapping for their lives.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Huddersfield will drop points. Toon will not.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Could be a tough game for Huddersfield tonight. Abraham is back and that win at Wigan should give them a boost.

I see no hope for Birmingham:nono:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It was Brighton's first win at Leeds on 28th December 1985 having played seven previously since the Division Two clash in the 60-61 season.

We've since not won for eight games until this current run in the Championship of four wins out of five.

On the other games I think Newcastle are nailed on but Bristol City could get a draw - they're scrapping for their lives.

Bloody cold it was aswell, I remember for some stupid teenage reason I wore deck shoes !! I also remember the locals were none to pleased.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Bloody cold it was aswell, I remember for some stupid teenage reason I wore deck shoes !! I also remember the locals were none to pleased.

Never been to Leeds for a football match but along with thousands of others we spent the night there partaking of the local brew after promotion to the 1st Division in 1979 after the Newcastle match.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If I was a betting man I'd see it the other way round, Brum to get something and Huddersfield to win.

My thinking is Bristol City are at home with Abraham back and are desperately fighting to keep their heads above water - Huddersfield are SQUEAKING games by a single goal over and over again, that's got to cost them at some point.

Meanwhile, Newcastle are far better away from the pressure of SJP and are playing a dreadful Birmingham team in absolute freefall. Happy either way though if someone drops points...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Newcastle will demolish Birmingham.
City could take a point off Huddersfield but I'm not too confident of that.
We won't beat Leeds.

The gap will therefore narrow. We will then have TWO weeks of general stress on NSC.

Then we have a much easier run and I expect the gap to grow again and excitement and jubilation will be in abundance everywhere.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Isn't it nice not to give a jot about Massive v the Peek Freans?

I suspect Newcastle will win, but although Brum are on a dreadful run, they have played well in patches. They bossed Leeds in the first half recently. They have players who could have inspired games and make a match of it. Think Tommy in goal, Ryan Shotton, Jutkiewicz.

PG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here