Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Scotland to be a part of The United Kingdom?

Do want Scotland to be a part of The United Kingdom

• Yes

Votes: 129 56.6%
  • No

Votes: 74 32.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 11.0%

• Total voters

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Yes definitely. I know NS and the SNP are pi**ed off with both referendum results, but trying to force another vote now makes no sense other than political shitstirring up of Nationalist sentiment. Even if it was granted and they voted for independence this time it wouldn't keep them in the EU. Surely to anyone objective with a modicum of intelligence it makes sense to wait until after Brexit actually happens, see how everything is progressing, and if the SNP see that the results are negative on the whole for Scotland then call another referendum then. No UK PM would refuse in those circumstances, as well she knows. A shame for those who elected the SNP that they seem to spend a fraction of the energy used towards independence than they seem to expend in actually doing what they were elected to do. Governing for all Scots.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We are stronger together in many ways. I would hate for the union to be broken up - but can understand why the scots are sick on being dictated to by the likes of Cameron and May.

exactly how are they being dictated to? in two major policy areas, health and education, they have devolved powers and making poor policy. they have tax raising powers they dont use yet blame westminister for lack of funding, despite also getting more funding per head in financal budgets. SNP have had it easy for years, deflecting any blame south, frankly its time they lived on their own means if thats how they want to be.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
It wasn't intended to be a generalisation. All I mean is that it's no longer a concept that works for everyone.
Never had been... but don't think it's an epidemic..... we love nationhood

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
As my daughter lives in Glasgow, and she loves Scotland and a young man in it, I voted yes.

We need the scots as they are the medal winners and engineers , chemists etc we need in the UK.

....and it would piss up that opportunist krankie. Brexit is all about the United Kingdom, not just you sweetheart!
Are you gormless?.

We need medalists as a core prop to our nation????

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Are you gormless?.

We need medalists as a core prop to our nation????

Wind your neck in.

You obviously have zero sense of humour!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It seems Blair's devolution plans that were meant to satisfy the Scots in being content with the union, only fanned the flames of nationalism.

The UK is still a significant country in the world, the fifth largest economy, a member of the security council of the united nations, one of the few nuclear powers in the world. Many past achievements, including 2 world wars since the union was formed.

So I would be sad to see this little island break up. Together we are stronger.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have plenty of humour... stop setting yourself up as the arbiter of NSC standards

What? Get over yourself

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The united kingdom we knew and grew up in died the moment we voted to leave the eu. I do not know what we are anymore.

We knew and grew up in. What are you talking about? I grew up with the EEC when all it was, was a trading group not a mainly unelected dictatorship.

Believe it or not there some of us over the age of 20.

Being that we are a United Kingdom up to recently governed equally (debatable I know) from all the areas of the said Kingdom. It was Blair's government that has created this imbalance by giving more powers to some and not others. Why within a central government is someone from Wales or Scotland allowed extra powers against one living in England, Sussex or wherever. so those blaming the Tories need to look at Labour's f@@k ups as well.

There's always been nationalists in Wales/Scotland wanting their own powers, and once given have taken liberties. In the context of a United Kingdom Sturgeon has few supporters but gets huge coverage she is a minority. Scotland needs the rest of us far more than we need them. SNP's forecast for their economy was a falsehood and like the last time they had independence they would have failed. Her only hope is the EU, but that is failing too. But how can this woman be believed when she fights to be independent but as the same time what to remain in the EU.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Let the people decide, but every time they do they decide to stay put, then this old chestnut gets dug up another couple of years later and so on and so on...................................

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Are you leaving now we are out?:wave::lolol:

Why would I do that? My point is that leavers keep inviting remainers to leave if they don't like the position the country is in. Why didn't Brexit voters leave in the decades we belonged to the EU if it was that bad.

I suspect the answer is probably because they had never even given our membership of the EU a second thought until the Leave Campaign propoganda machine fired up its pistons.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The SNP don't actually do themselves any favours by modelling their presentations on some kind of pseudo ASLEF militant. Personally, I'm not that bothered although Hadrian's wall is gonna take a bit of fixing.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Personally always been a unionist, don't like either of the krankies but after brexit and listening to May sound so patronising this week ( can't believe she made Thatcher sound more positive to Scotland and I've stood on terracing of Hampden with 60,000 singing vitriolic songs about her - so May has gone some!), the vote should be allowed. Major change has occurred - the UK national parties were swept aside in 2015 in favour of the SNP and now seem irrelevant. Allow the vote - the answer will be remain. The majority of Scots don't hate the English, despite some comments here - we do hate being patronised and told what to do, especially by Tory politicians. Our culture, our history, our laws, our religion, our education are different. Although I have to say I am never supporting your football team!!!!!6

You being a Scot can you explain to me why the SNP a nationalist party wants to be ruled by the EU, it's a question that has been asked time and time again yet never gets answered.
My opinion they come to hold this idea is they simply they hate the English and can not bare the thought of Westminster being sovereign, they will literally try anything to separate the two nations even if this means their own country has to suffer.
The SNP go completely against the grain of what a nationalist party is meant to stand for, the letter N does not fit. i struggle at times to get my head around.the idiots. true nationalists i don't mind but this f*cking lot. :facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here