Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Scotland to be a part of The United Kingdom?

Do want Scotland to be a part of The United Kingdom

• Yes

Votes: 129 56.6%
  • No

Votes: 74 32.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 11.0%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Really. Perhaps look at a few forums that are heavily laden with Scots. The majority despise Sturgeon. Many Scots will not vote Tory and Labour are so useless that they can not vote for them. When it comes to the vote for independence I think stay will win.

I read Twitter yesterday with lots of Scots tweeting the wee Scottish wifee, telling her, she didn't speak for them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I'm inclined to the view that any change in the relationship between nations (in the UK, or Europe, or NATO) will be a bad thing ... simply because it will be ratified by people who haven't got a clue. Don't let them anywhere near the decision.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Rather we stayed together but if they do get another vote (after Brexit) it should be made crystal clear this is really going to be a once in a generation/lifetime decision. Voting Stay = the fishy people Sturgeon and Salmon being exiled to France would be a bonus suggestion/option.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I'm inclined to the view that any change in the relationship between nations (in the UK, or Europe, or NATO) will be a bad thing ... simply because it will be ratified by people who haven't got a clue. Don't let them anywhere near the decision.

I am torn on yes or no as I favour devolution and self-determination but agree that referenda are not the solution. You cannot narrow complex issues to yes/no and expect informed decisions, which is why representative democracy exists and works. I suppose my 'fence' answer is "whatever the Scottish Want". Just hurry up and decide - oh, they did.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
*Weaponised Fake News* should be able to swing a population the way you want ( unless the required swing is too great an ask ie Wilders etc. ).

Democracy needs to implement measures to address this before having too many more votes.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's absolutely ridiculous really that it's come to this.

Scotland is represented on the UN Security Council, the G8, it is part of one of the 3 key players in the EU. We've had Scottish Prime Ministers, Scottish Chancellors, Scottish party leaders, many Scottish Cabinet and Shadow Cabinet Ministers.

By being part of the UK their influence is elevated to a status well above that of countries with similar economies and populations such as Norway, Slovakia, Finland and Denmark.

In terms of population it is not even in the world's Top 100 countries.

Why would Scotland give up their global influence for nothing in return. Similarly, a diminished United Kingdom at a time when other nations like India are on the rise is not going to help us in England either. Breaking up the UK is crazy for all British citizens.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
"Why would Scotland give up their global influence for nothing in return. Similarly, a diminished United Kingdom at a time when other nations like India are on the rise is not going to help us in England either. Breaking up the UK is crazy for all British citizens.[/QUOTE]"

Not so crazy if you value being an EU citizen (the future) more than being a British citizen (the past)...

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
If you hate it so much you have a whole world out there which is not Tory run. But you still choose to stay here?

That old chestnut. Yes I chose to live here because I was born and bred here, doesn't mean I have to think everything is lovely and smells of roses.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone who thought Brexit *wouldn't* lead to breakup of the UK wasn't paying enough attention. If it wasn't inevitable before (which I think it was), May's intransigent, patronising attitude to Scotland has made it a dead certainty.

To be fair to Mrs May, she has a intransigent and patronising attitude to everyone who has a different viewpoint it seems.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
"Why would Scotland give up their global influence for nothing in return. Similarly, a diminished United Kingdom at a time when other nations like India are on the rise is not going to help us in England either. Breaking up the UK is crazy for all British citizens.
"

Not so crazy if you value being an EU citizen (the future) more than being a British citizen (the past)...[/QUOTE]

any news of a new job since norwich shafted ya...??

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
This was meant to be a reply to [MENTION=26958]oneillco[/MENTION] post #51

I'm inclined to agree. This piece is only one person's take on it - but it argues that reunification of Ireland is inevitable before long and that Westminster politicians won't do anything to stop it. The insoluble question of what the Irish border looks like post-Brexit just seems to make this more likely.

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-a...w-clear-northern-ireland-is-leaving-the-union

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
To be fair to Mrs May, she has a intransigent and patronising attitude to everyone who has a different viewpoint it seems.

isn't that what the tories are , and always have been about.....johnny toff pants giving it to the oiks ....hup hup hazzaaarrr,,,,,*****.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Really. Perhaps look at a few forums that are heavily laden with Scots. The majority despise Sturgeon. Many Scots will not vote Tory and Labour are so useless that they can not vote for them. When it comes to the vote for independence I think stay will win.

Given that the SNP received 46.5% of the votes cast this is not too far from the leavers percentage but somehow you are dismissing the SNP.
Double standards?

I am also in shock as you have on numerous occassions written that you dont comment on events that are in the future and have yet to occurr. But here you are proudly spouting out that Scotland won't leave the UK.

Given this momentous event I understand flags have been raised church bells gave been rung and parliament are about to declare today a national holiday to ensure this day is not forgotten.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here