Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Scotland to be a part of The United Kingdom?

Do want Scotland to be a part of The United Kingdom

• Yes

Votes: 129 56.6%
  • No

Votes: 74 32.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 11.0%

• Total voters

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Don't care one way or the other. Ditto Northern Ireland (although if Scotland goes I don't want to be left with them in some dreadful rump UK).

I do think they ought to see wait and see what sort of Brexit deal we get before deciding what to do; currently there are too many unknowns. When we know what Brexit means to the UK then they can decide if they want to be a part of it or not.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why shouldn't we get a say on whether England wants independence?

It's a valid point. With regard to the UK no one ever, even informally, asks the English what we want. The assumption is we've all got the mindset of Plantagenet kings and want to keep hold of as much territory as we can. Logically IF the UK is to break up it makes sense for us to leave and the Celtic nations to stay together.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I prefer outward looking and cooperation so yes. But, I can fully understand why they are fed up being ruled by a party 400 miles away which they have historically rarely ever supported and are now being dragged out of the EU by the very same people against their will.

My message to the Scots, and my fellow Brits, is come and join us over here.
Apart from the fact that Labour have generally held sway up there... meaning they did support every Labour government....

.... and the irony of you espousing the view of not being governed by someone 400 miles away, ... well.... that's just a lovely juicy piece of HT contradiction... straight from the Fatherland's finest.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know it's poor form to answer a question with a question, but I think this is relevant:-

Have we taken all their oil yet?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apart from the fact that Labour have generally held sway up there... meaning they did support every Labour government....

.... and the irony of you espousing the view of not being governed by someone 400 miles away, ... well.... that's just a lovely juicy piece of HT contradiction... straight from the Fatherland's finest.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You seem to have missed off the "rarely supported" bit off my post. This provides important context.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't care one way or the other. Ditto Northern Ireland (although if Scotland goes I don't want to be left with them in some dreadful rump UK).

I do think they ought to see wait and see what sort of Brexit deal we get before deciding what to do; currently there are too many unknowns. When we know what Brexit means to the UK then they can decide if they want to be a part of it or not.
dont forget the indepentant state of Cuckfield :facepalm:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I know it's poor form to answer a question with a question, but I think this is relevant:-

Have we taken all their oil yet?

Have we got a viable alternative plan for Faslane that we could afford and implement? If we could answer 'yes' to your question and mine, then I'd be much more ambivalent to voting to leave The EU and breaking up as a country.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If I had my way there should be just one parliament in the UK, in London.

We vote for our MP's, just let them govern

All referendums should be outlawed, look at the complete mess we are in now

The break up the UK would be our final humiliation

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think they should go, but not cause I'm bitter with them, I'm jealous of them. If they have the opportunity to kiss good bye to this tory cesspit good luck to them.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
My instinct is for government and taxation to be done as close to the people as possible, and I feel no more affinity with Scotland than I do with Ireland. So, on balance, if they chose to go it alone, good luck to them.

I rather suspect we will manage quite happily without them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you want to accept that we have failed, failed to govern our country fairly and equitably, failed to democratically ensure empowerment to all, failed to keep our country together and united, then yes, I guess you wouldn't be unhappy if they left.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I want Scotland to remain in the UK. I would like the UK to stick together, but sadly I can see the union being driven apart by this quite staggeringly useless government.

I think independence would be a huge mistake for Scotland, but I can fully understand their frustration and anger with Westminster at this time.

I still think the Scots would vote to remain in the UK, but if they did leave I would not blame them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assuming Barbados is a bit of a reach, can we swap Scotchland for France?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here