• No

74 32.31%
  • Undecided

25 10.92%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsetJimbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone who thought Brexit *wouldn't* lead to breakup of the UK wasn't paying enough attention. If it wasn't inevitable before (which I think it was), May's intransigent, patronising attitude to Scotland has made it a dead certainty.
    Spot on...it's almost like Brexit fans weren't listening to any of the rational arguments before the vote. And God alone knows what the consequences will be for Ireland; again Brexit was predicted to fan the flames but the Farage fan-club just scoffed.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Instinct says "better together", but in reality, what do the Scots do for us ? It seems to be all one way. I think they'll struggle without our support, but if they go it alone ... f*ck 'em.
      Tricky-Art for perusal at your leisure. Warning : No Albion content (yet - maybe sometime)

http://www.painters-online.co.uk/artist/TrickyDicky
      Unused sub REMF 4

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      The words United Kingdom describe my thoughts.
      Unfortunately, Divisive Kingdom best describes it over the last couple of years.
      Why DON'T YOU ALL JUST
      Forza la Viola, Forza Fiorentina!!!
      Worthing Raiders RFC!!!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      But in 1979, by your own admission they had fewer MPs, so they were not supporting Thatcher's government? I'm not overly hot on Scottish history but I thought in general the Tories have rarely had a majority over the border?
      The west country has, until recently, always by tradition voted Lib/LibDem... any different?... any closer?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2 Not allowed!
      Yes I do and so does my family. What annoys me is that we don't get a vote. Ok I'm half Scottish but my mum grew up in Kirriemuir, her dad was a Scottish minister, she went to Edinburgh University yet apparently she wasn't eligible to vote in the once in a life time referendum vote. Just because someone doesn't live in Scotland doesn't mean they aren't Scottish. All Scots should be able to vote not just resident Scots.

0 Not allowed!
      Do they get to keep Trident?
      In this great future you can't forget your past

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      Have we got a viable alternative plan for Faslane that we could afford and implement? If we could answer 'yes' to your question and mine, then I'd be much more ambivalent to voting to leave The EU and breaking up as a country.
      I think there are 2 or 3 options - viable, yes. Ideal and cheap, no.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JetsetJimbo View Post
      Anyone who thought Brexit *wouldn't* lead to breakup of the UK wasn't paying enough attention. If it wasn't inevitable before (which I think it was), May's intransigent, patronising attitude to Scotland has made it a dead certainty.
      Really. Perhaps look at a few forums that are heavily laden with Scots. The majority despise Sturgeon. Many Scots will not vote Tory and Labour are so useless that they can not vote for them. When it comes to the vote for independence I think stay will win.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      But in 1979, by your own admission they had fewer MPs, so they were not supporting Thatcher's government? I'm not overly hot on Scottish history but I thought in general the Tories have rarely had a majority over the border?
      Your post implied that tory support in scotland has always been at current.levels.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      When we know what Brexit means to the UK then they can decide if they want to be a part of it or not.
      ...this is May's argument. Bur why should it prevail if the rest of the UK is denied a further referendum 'when we know what Brexit means to the UK'? Consistency?