Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Scotland to be a part of The United Kingdom?

Do want Scotland to be a part of The United Kingdom

• Yes

Votes: 129 56.6%
  • No

Votes: 74 32.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 11.0%

• Total voters

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Personally always been a unionist, don't like either of the krankies but after brexit and listening to May sound so patronising this week ( can't believe she made Thatcher sound more positive to Scotland and I've stood on terracing of Hampden with 60,000 singing vitriolic songs about her - so May has gone some!), the vote should be allowed. Major change has occurred - the UK national parties were swept aside in 2015 in favour of the SNP and now seem irrelevant. Allow the vote - the answer will be remain. The majority of Scots don't hate the English, despite some comments here - we do hate being patronised and told what to do, especially by Tory politicians. Our culture, our history, our laws, our religion, our education are different. Although I have to say I am never supporting your football team!!!!!6

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just because Gibraltar voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EU (over 90%) does not necessarily mean they want to stop being British. Just because 70% of Scots voted to stay in the EU does not give Sturgeon a mandate that the Scots want to leave the UK. They had a once in a life time referendum. Maybe in 5 years after Brexit they could vote again but every Scot should get to vote. Many of my family were born and raised in Scotland and yet are refused a vote whilst EU workers who live in Scotland get a vote. That is ridiculous gerrymandering on Sturgeon's part. My family on my mother's side descends from Mary Queen of Scots yet she was denied a vote. Disgraceful. My mum is more Scottish than Stugeon and Salmon put together.

How if they decided to leave Scotland can they be more Scottish. Again you are looking to apply double standards given that UK ex-pats didnt get to vote in the EU referendum but now you want effectively a vote for anyone who was born in Scotland regardless of how long they have not lived there.
If they feel that passionate about the possible vote move back north of the border now.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That old chestnut. Yes I chose to live here because I was born and bred here, doesn't mean I have to think everything is lovely and smells of roses.

Exactly. Why didn't leave voters leave the UK in the decades we have belonged to the EU?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Personally always been a unionist, don't like either of the krankies but after brexit and listening to May sound so patronising this week ( can't believe she made Thatcher sound more positive to Scotland and I've stood on terracing of Hampden with 60,000 singing vitriolic songs about her - so May has gone some!), the vote should be allowed. Major change has occurred - the UK national parties were swept aside in 2015 in favour of the SNP and now seem irrelevant. Allow the vote - the answer will be remain. The majority of Scots don't hate the English, despite some comments here - we do hate being patronised and told what to do, especially by Tory politicians. Our culture, our history, our laws, our religion, our education are different. Although I have to say I am never supporting your football team!!!!!6

Good post that goes to nub of problem: The desire to have cake and eat it. Get the best of the Union (security, funding) but do as little to support it as possible. No harm in that but it is risky, at some point this poll might go negative and be a pointer that the English are getting a tad fed up with Scotland not respecting the majority. Scots seem to forget that there are folk who vote Conservative north of the border, and a lot who don't south of it. The rest of us get on with it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
How if they decided to leave Scotland can they be more Scottish. Again you are looking to apply double standards given that UK ex-pats didnt get to vote in the EU referendum but now you want effectively a vote for anyone who was born in Scotland regardless of how long they have not lived there.
If they feel that passionate about the possible vote move back north of the border now.

Why is that double standards? My brother lives in South Africa and voted in the EU referendum. Sometimes people move for work, doesn't make them any less Scottish, French or whatever. There was a 15 year non residency rule for the EU referendum. Plus you had to be over 18. The Scottish vote was rigged by the SNP to include 16 year olds and they still lost. 70% of Scots wanting to stay in the EU does not give the SNP a mandate for another referendum.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As my daughter lives in Glasgow, and she loves Scotland and a young man in it, I voted yes.

We need the scots as they are the medal winners and engineers , chemists etc we need in the UK.

....and it would piss up that opportunist krankie. Brexit is all about the United Kingdom, not just you sweetheart!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I voted Yes because the four nations have been integrated for what 300 years plus.
If you think that the divorce of the UK from Europe is complicated then I feel that the parting of Scotland (or Wales or Northern Ireland) would be even more so and for what purpose.
I am a Scot and have lived in various parts of the UK and although there are a substantial number of Jocks living in England there are similarly a huge number of English living in Scotland.
NS is nothing other than an attention seeking ***** who fancies herself as a latter day Joan of Arc (without the horse and sword) and who frankly has little going for her. When the UK exits the EU, Scotland will have no case to remain, the EU have made this clear and, in the event of Scottish independence, would have to apply for membership of the EU based on their criteria - it is not simply a case of turning up (as like the DSS) and expecting an immediate handout. Scotland would be approaching this hoping to gain membership and a more favourable deal than already exists with the UK - NO Chance.
The problems with a 'Scotchit' are many and varied, mainly involving loss of employment (MOD, HMRC NSI to name but a few) and none of which would have any benefit to Scotland whatsoever.
Could go on but !!

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I have given this matter a lot of thought and listened intently to the arguments of both sides fairly and without prejudice and I have come to the conclusion that I would like for them to F@#K RIGHT OFF!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The united kingdom we knew and grew up in died the moment we voted to leave the eu. I do not know what we are anymore.
Complete and utter nonsense. There have been so many monumental changes to our country since we joined the eec, it has been an evolving situation since then. Many of us who voted Brexit did so BECAUSE the EU amongst other things was destroying our country. We have all got different ideas of what our country is, it's just your illusion that has taken a dive.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
We are stronger together in many ways. I would hate for the union to be broken up - but can understand why the scots are sick on being dictated to by the likes of Cameron and May.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Let the people decide.

I actually quite like the idea of devolving power to local government. Superstates are very last century.

They had a vote less than 3 years ago. They decided to be part of the UK. Sturgeon will go on until she gets her way. They had their once in a lifetime opportunity now get on with it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No, get rid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What happens when they realize the financial implications of going it alone are too great and floods of Scots head southwards? then what!!!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
What happens when they realize the financial implications of going it alone are too great and floods of Scots head southwards? then what!!!

That is why Hadrian's Wall was constructed, just need to get it manned properly with machine guns every few hundred yards and a suitable minefield installed...:thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That is why Hadrian's Wall was constructed, just need to get it manned properly with machine guns every few hundred yards and a suitable minefield installed...:thumbsup:

Forgot about that,whilst we are at it perhaps we can set up some snipers and have a few mortar teams too.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Stronger together, but like any relationship that goes sour if one party doesn't want to be in it then it just drags everybody down.
So if they really want out lets get it sorted once and for all sooner rather than later.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here