View Poll Results: Do want Scotland to be a part of The United Kingdom

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    130 56.77%
  • No

    74 32.31%
  • Undecided

    25 10.92%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 139
  1. #41
    Minister of Information
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,315


    1 Not allowed!
    Does this mean we get to vote on Brexit again ?

    Let's vote of everything every six months.
    I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #42
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      1,911


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You seem to have missed off the "rarely supported" bit off my post. This provides important context.
      So how about your other garbled comment... 400 miles London Edinburgh..... how about Berlin Munich or Paris to anywhere south of Lyon?..... stop now please.

      Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    • #43

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I prefer outward looking and cooperation so yes. But, I can fully understand why they are fed up being ruled by a party 400 miles away which they have historically rarely ever supported and are now being dragged out of the EU by the very same people against their will.

      My message to the Scots, and my fellow Brits, is come and join us over here.
      Firstly you're wrong about the Scots rarely having supported the tories , as recently as 1979 they had 22 mps to labours 36, as recently try as 1955 they had 38 , 2 more than labour , and do you not see the Irony in your statement about understanding the Scots not wanting get to be ruled by people 400 miles away ? Whys it OK for us to be ruled by brussels/strasbourg then ?
    • #44

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You seem to have missed off the "rarely supported" bit off my post. This provides important context.
      Which was incorrect.
    • #45

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wrong-Direction View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Before long we're just going to be a measly little country that doesn't make anything and is totally defenseless, maybe that's what people want..

      Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      That boat has already sailed...
    • #46
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Location
      Ruislip
      Posts
      13,330


      0 Not allowed!
      If the Scots want independence, then good luck to them.
      The Tories always have had this high brow attitude towards them, IMO.
      I have worked with a few Scots in the RAF in my time, and I've always found its a 50/50 towards their attitude of independence.
      Whichever way the vote goes, if it ever happens, I'm always questioning how the armed forces would evolve?
    • #47
      HellBilly Psychobilly freakout's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Brighton factually.....
      Posts
      11,756


      0 Not allowed!
      Scotland named & settleled by the Irish & owned by the English.

      What's their problem, we pay for them to laze about drink buckfast and deep fry everything win win for them.

      We even invented their national dress the modern kilt.

      They are so stupid they don't know when they are onto a good thing.
      PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"
    • #48
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      39,642


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by alfredmizen View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Firstly you're wrong about the Scots rarely having supported the tories , as recently as 1979 they had 22 mps to labours 36, as recently try as 1955 they had 38 , 2 more than labour , and do you not see the Irony in your statement about understanding the Scots not wanting get to be ruled by people 400 miles away ? Whys it OK for us to be ruled by brussels/strasbourg then ?
      But in 1979, by your own admission they had fewer MPs, so they were not supporting Thatcher's government? I'm not overly hot on Scottish history but I thought in general the Tories have rarely had a majority over the border?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
    • #49
      Members wellquickwoody's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      8,975


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Braggfan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think they should go, but not cause I'm bitter with them, I'm jealous of them. If they have the opportunity to kiss good bye to this tory cesspit good luck to them.
      If you hate it so much you have a whole world out there which is not Tory run. But you still choose to stay here?
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals
    • #50
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      61,478


      1 Not allowed!
      I think that they should remain but I have no great views either way what I would say is that if they want a break away it should be complete and they must become responsible for everything and be self sufficient with no help or cash from Westminster.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •