Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another parking fine.......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One for @Lady Seagull perhaps....

Parked in a pub in Burgess Hill. Very clear signs saying vehicles need to be registered at the bar. I did this (and wife was with me so she saw me do it), barman seemed to tap details into a screen behind the bar.

Last week I get a PCN letter saying car was parked without permission, and demanding £100 (reduced to £60 if paid within 40 days)

I appealed directly using their online service and explained we ate in the pub, and that I had a bank account entry showing the amount spent on the corresponding date. I also advised the pub directly (no response)

Premier Park Ltd have now replied saying appeal is denied as 'there is no record of the vehicle registration' and again demanding £60 (if paid within 14 days).

This is a mistake by them or the pub. Should I ignore, appeal to POPLA as they suggest or simply go back to the pub and tell them to sort it ?

Grateful for any NSC wisdom !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Both. Tell the pub landlord it is his barman's mistake ( he must have typed in your reg incorrectly ). Raise merry hell at the pub - make sure you're loud. Is it a chain ? If so look for the CEO details on www.ceomail.com. Use Tripadvisor and Facebook.

Also put in a POPLA appeal - find the templates under the Newbies thread - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Most of all DO NOT PAY IT. Oh, Premier Parking are pretty tame - you could just ignore them but this isn't recommended.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If this pub says a vehicle needs to be registered at the bar, they should give the customer some sort of ticket/ receipt with the registration printed on the ticket.

D

Deleted member 2719

Go back to the pub, i got one from Mac Donalds at buck barn once, i went into them the next day and spoke to the Franchise owner and said do you want me to eat and drink in here again (i was 3 mins over the permitted time). He was switched on enough to get the ticket removed from my car reg.

I understand that business's are fed up with cars clogging up their spaces but at the end of the day their signs should be a deterrent to stop that.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If barman had miskeyed your number how different could he have possibly made it look? Mind boggling

You can prove you were eating there and you can prove it's your car ... I'd tell them politely to f**k off and ignore anything else

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks all.......will pop back into the pub, and lodge the appeal. It's bloody annoying to have to when it's their balls up though.

The Burgess Hill Inn (formerly the Top House) for those wanting to know.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Thanks all.......will pop back into the pub, and lodge the appeal. It's bloody annoying to have to when it's their balls up though.

Think they've now lost a few customers just down to this thread alone

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Mate. I got a parking ticket in Hereford yesterday...the Seagulls car sticker clearly was a bad move. Still sore 20 years on clearly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Is it a managed house as it was run by the chap who used to be the leaseholder of Potters but time moves on and pubs change landlords so perhaps I am not up to date.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here