Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another parking fine.......

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
got a ticket cancelled re similar issue re a hotel at Crawley

had to get rather blunt and direct on the phone first though, they have to tell the parking company was their fault

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This parking lark sounds like a foolproof way for any pub to go out of business, I'd be well pissed off if this had happened to me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This parking lark sounds like a foolproof way for any pub to go out of business, I'd be well pissed off if this had happened to me.

Indeed. I'd go out of my way to make sure everyone knew. Working for a brewery I know quite a few!

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
It's a really shite way to treat your customers getting a private parking firm to administer the car park. I guess they've had issues with people parking there for the station. As others have said, keep the paperwork, moan like hell at the pub and just ignore any further correspondence from the parking firm. You would obviously win if it ever went to court.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Before boycotting and smashing up the pub why don't you talk to the pub manager? There may have been a genuine mistake that a phone call and a free pint can resolve.

Ps - up worrying about this weekend's results - can't sleep - apologies if I've missed the obvious

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry to resurrect this thread but just had a PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd addressed to me as the keeper although it was being driven by my wife that day. She parked for 55 minutes outside the Barnardos shop in London Rd Burgess Hill while she dropped some stuff off and then bought more stuff, she never left the Barnardos shop in that time - signs it turns out are very clear that parking is limited to 40 mins but neither of us had seen them before. My natural sense of injustice is that she was using the car park for a perfectly reasonable reason. Any grounds for getting out of this?

larus

Sorry to resurrect this thread but just had a PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd addressed to me as the keeper although it was being driven by my wife that day. She parked for 55 minutes outside the Barnardos shop in London Rd Burgess Hill while she dropped some stuff off and then bought more stuff, she never left the Barnardos shop in that time - signs it turns out are very clear that parking is limited to 40 mins but neither of us had seen them before. My natural sense of injustice is that she was using the car park for a perfectly reasonable reason. Any grounds for getting out of this?

I’d send a PM to Westdene Seagull on this (or Lady Seagull from what others have said). Always very helpful.

He’s advised me a couple of times and I’ve got PCNs rescinded. Don’t contact the company nor offer up who was driving the car to the company chasing you though. They can’t make the owner pay - it needs to be the driver.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade

Easy peasy one - I just won one of those for the friend who sits near me in WL. You couldn't ask for an easier one than this or a Tesco/Highview one. Both a cinch.

Civil Enforcement Ltd (CEL on MSE or pepipoo forum) will cancel, first time with no fuss, first appeal, if the registered keeper appeals (you not your wife) using the template appeal from MSE. Don't alter it, don't question the template (the blue writing letter, send it online, not by post). CEL recognise it and give up:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Re PCN number:

I appeal and dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn, nor was there an agreed contract. Your signage terms fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence of the parking charge, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis, which is fully distinguished.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN, I require with your rejection letter, all images taken of this vehicle & the signs at the location that day. Do not withhold any images or data later relied on for POPLA/court.

Firms of your ilk were unanimously condemned in 2018 as operating an 'outrageous scam' (Hansard 2.2.18). The BPA & IPC were heavily criticised too; hardly surprising for an industry where so-called AOS members admit to letting victims 'futilely go through the motions' of appeal and say on camera 'we make it up sometimes' (BBC Watchdog).

I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner, as well as complaining in writing to my MP and ensuring that they are appraised of the debate where Parliament agreed unanimously: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists...should not have to put up with this''.

Formal note:

Service of any rejection letter/POPLA code and/or legal documents by email is expressly disallowed. All responses to me from this point on, must be made by post. Regardless of any MCOL online/email system, service of any court claim must only be made by first class post to the latest address provided by me.

Yours faithfully,

THE NAME AND POSTAL ADDRESS OF THE KEEPER (OR THE HIRER/LESSEE) GOES HERE. THE DRIVER IS NOT IDENTIFIED.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Easy peasy one - I just won one of those for the friend who sits near me in WL. You couldn't ask for an easier one than this or a Tesco/Highview one. Both a cinch.

Civil Enforcement Ltd (CEL on MSE or pepipoo forum) will cancel, first time with no fuss, first appeal, if the registered keeper appeals (you not your wife) using the template appeal from MSE. Don't alter it, don't question the template (the blue writing letter, send it online, not by post). CEL recognise it and give up:

Many thanks. Will do that and report back!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Many thanks to [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION]. Followed her advice and received confirmation today that the PCN has been cancelled. Score one for the good guys!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
One for @Lady Seagull perhaps....

Parked in a pub in Burgess Hill. Very clear signs saying vehicles need to be registered at the bar. I did this (and wife was with me so she saw me do it), barman seemed to tap details into a screen behind the bar.

Last week I get a PCN letter saying car was parked without permission, and demanding £100 (reduced to £60 if paid within 40 days)

I appealed directly using their online service and explained we ate in the pub, and that I had a bank account entry showing the amount spent on the corresponding date. I also advised the pub directly (no response)

Premier Park Ltd have now replied saying appeal is denied as 'there is no record of the vehicle registration' and again demanding £60 (if paid within 14 days).

This is a mistake by them or the pub. Should I ignore, appeal to POPLA as they suggest or simply go back to the pub and tell them to sort it ?

Grateful for any NSC wisdom !

TripAdvisor, FB, Twitter etc normally gets the response you'd like from The Pub

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That seems a very wide loophole that anybody could exploit provided photographic evidence is not available. ie our car is registered in my wife's name and mostly driven by her but if either she or I when driving get a PCN she would get the notice as the owner/keeper she could then just say she was not driving and refuse to say who was..

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Many thanks to @LadySeagull. Followed her advice and received confirmation today that the PCN has been cancelled. Score one for the good guys!

Easy when you know how! And when it's a pushover firm like CEL.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
That seems a very wide loophole that anybody could exploit provided photographic evidence is not available.
What the heck are you on about?

It's not a loophole, it's how to easily, fairly, and honestly, beat a scammer who can't be arsed to use the very simple law open to them, for 'keeper liability'.

No-one said the appeal was ''I wasn't the driver''. And CEL use ANPR cameras (photo images) so what makes you think it only works where there is no photo evidence? ANPR images rarely show the face of the driver anyway, they are only zoomed in on the numberplate.

if either she or I when driving get a PCN she would get the notice as the owner/keeper she could then just say she was not driving and refuse to say who was..

Of course she can, because in law, she has no obligation to tell a scam parking firm, even if she was the driver. It's how to beat the scam, and it's perfectly legal, and CEL's own stupid fault for not being up to speed or able to cope with compliance with a simple Act, to hold a keeper liable.

It is not a loophole to reply to a Notice to Keeper, as the 'keeper'!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here