Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March picked for the England Under 21's

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Having been disappointed by Loftus-Cheek in the game they played at the Amex a couple of years ago I was happy to see he's actually progressed as a player. Thought he looked really good in the number 10 role, really driving the game, and someone to look at next season no matter what happens.

Denmark were toss though.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
How on earth Skalak starts ahead of him I will never know. March is fantastic with a huge future ahead of him, he has to be a regular starter for us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How on earth Skalak starts ahead of him I will never know. March is fantastic with a huge future ahead of him, he has to be a regular starter for us.

March is a very exciting player, and a joy to watch. Skalak though was awarded man of the match in the most recent home game - probably our best home performance of the season. There's certainly a case for March, but it isn't cut and dried - all this 'how on earth?' is daft.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Not really hard to figure out is it?

CH is all about tracking back and defensive work, for which Skalak and Murphy do it better.

I love Solly as much as everyone else and I would also like him to be starting more often and attack teams from the offset, but that's not how our manager works, he likes the cautious and horses for courses approach.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
March is a very exciting player, and a joy to watch. Skalak though was awarded man of the match in the most recent home game - probably our best home performance of the season. There's certainly a case for March, but it isn't cut and dried - all this 'how on earth?' is daft.

I agree that Skalak was indeed very good against Derby. However this is rare for him and in our most recent game against Leeds for example, March did more in 20 minutes than Skalak could do for 70. Way too often, Skalak is utterly ineffective however almost every time March plays he gives their defenders hell and looks like making something happen. I understand the idea that he's not as defensive as JS, but Jiri does so little with the ball there's little point in him being there most of the time. Start March more regularly and we will score way more goals.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here