Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Thruthfully ... this wonderful Brighton team are the only thing keeping me interested

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think football in essence hasn't changed one little bit to what first attracted you to the beautiful game, apart from maybe the ball and the boots. Just need to blank out every last bit of hyper BS surrounding it and feeding off it and you'll have the same good time you first had.
      When the smell of St Bruno rubbed pipe tobacco at night games disappeared I'm afraid the writing was on the wall.
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because itís not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.

1 Not allowed!
      I have never smoked ANYTHING ever but that smell at The Goldstone of sweet pipe smoke will stay with me forever. Moving on, watching the likes of Pogba tonight having cost £87 zillion and getting £400 billion p/w.......makes you wonder.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Part of me wants Premier league money but Championship seems more exciting to me. The desire seems greater
      Brighton MFE supporter supplies reason for Brighton 'St Georges Day' March - 'to f*cking right its now just for confrontational purposes'

0 Not allowed!
      What else you gonna do on a Saturday?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.

0 Not allowed!
      Nothing wrong with the football just all the poncy crap that comes with it
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      With reference only to the "product" on the pitch these days there's a lot I don't care for - but I still go anyway.

- eleven men behind the ball "pressing" and hoping for a counter attack - so boring watching Barcelona in La Liga every week having to break down a team not interested in attacking
      - every tackle is a foul - and every strong tackle is a yellow card - no room for robustness any more
      - obvious time wasting from the first minute by teams desperate for a point
      - the ridiculous slow walk off for substituted players whose team are happy with the match situation
      - celebrity referees

and
      - paying a "booking fee" for a ticket when you're buying it at the entrance gate to the stadium (yes BHAFC that's you)
      - short trains from a small station when you're trying to get a capacity crowd home (mostly on dark wintry evenings thanks to Sky Sports) and you rely on tolerance
      Powney, Henderson, Spearritt, Templeman, J Napier, Gall, Wilkinson, K Napier, Duffy, Gilliver, O'Sullivan.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      I could be wrong but I thought the rule was implied so that smaller clubs wouldn't have their attendances effected by fans staying in and watching the big match.

These days, fans just wouldn't do that. Watching a match on TV is no big occasion like it was in the 60's. 50 years later and the 3pm no televised matches rule is only benefiting the tv companies and annoyingly, messing around fans who attend matches.

It's a joke and needs to be addressed by the FA.
      I think it's more subtle than that. I go to watch Barrow now and then with my brother-in-law - the other week his son was going to come along (16 year old Man Utd fan), but in the end he didn't, because Man Utd were on TV at the same time. So Barrow lost one fan for that game, and for future games, and probably means that he'll never get hooked on his local team - who will always be his 'second' team, to be watched only when he hasn't got Man U on telly.

And I must say I would be the same if Brighton are on a live stream, however dodgy - I'm more likely to want to watch this than pop off to Barrow or Lancaster for a lower league game. So the lower clubs will lose business in the long run.

0 Not allowed!
      Things haven't been the same since they changed the back-pass rule and goalkeepers stopped wearing cloth caps like Jack Charlton does.
      не съгласявам се!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PeterOut View Post
      Compared to what? The pies at the Amex? The Singles Chart? Cricket? Hang gliding?
      If you mean (only) football - when did 'Modern' begin? And in what country? Or what region of the world? Do you mean top-tier professional football, lower-tier, amateur?
      Pointless question
      Reasonable question, your answer is pointless!