Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavuatbtn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The product is OK but there are a number of issues IMO:
    English players don't get an opportunity to develop in the Premier league so we have a crap national team.
    Hangers on, agents, pundits, etc are a bunch of scavengers and bleeding money away from the game.
    Severely overpaid players.
    The FA have lost any teeth they had - the PL have removed them.
    Clubs rarely allow managers to develop in their roles.
    It is the only industry where a crap manager seems to have no problems in getting another job, despite a history of incompetence.
    It stopped being a sport and is now a business, so its priorities have been compromised.
    I am sure there are loads more but I am bored by the whole argument as non of it seems to be fixable!
    I'll add, fans these days seem obsessed with talking about how much the players earn and how much they're worth.

I personally couldn't give a toss how much someone else earns. It's not my business. I wish the money side to the game stayed confidential. That way we could judge players on their ability, not wealth.

The U.S loves talking about money in relation to their sports stars. Sadly, it looks like we're going down the same route.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      It's not Sky which causes the fixture issues. It's that stupid rule where no 3pm kick offs are allowed to be televised.
      Hopefully, one day, 3pm kick offs will be allowed to be televised in England and from then onwards, no one will have anything to complain about and BT sport will no longer have the control over football like they currently have.

I would've thought they'd be in favour of switching the times/days. If their audience (football fans) are already out watching their own teams at 3pm on a Saturday, they aren't going to miss that in favour of watching a televised game (and if they DO, then that impacts on the clubs all the way down the 'football pyramid'). I thought the times were specifically chosen so that they would have the best chance of having the biggest audience from the football-watching general public?

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by junior View Post
      1066family man, are you any relation to Adrie/1066 who use to post on here years ago?
      No.

Are you any relation to this bloke?

They hang the man and flog the woman
      Who steals the goose from off the common
      Yet let the greater villain loose
      That steals the common from the goose

3 Not allowed!
      Football as a sport is fantastic

Football as a business sucks
      Because I'm bored, it's funny, and I hate you. There you are, the holy trinity of "why?"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      I would've thought they'd be in favour of switching the times/days. If their audience (football fans) are already out watching their own teams at 3pm on a Saturday, they aren't going to miss that in favour of watching a televised game (and if they DO, then that impacts on the clubs all the way down the 'football pyramid'). I thought the times were specifically chosen so that they would have the best chance of having the biggest audience from the football-watching general public?
      I could be wrong but I thought the rule was implied so that smaller clubs wouldn't have their attendances effected by fans staying in and watching the big match.

These days, fans just wouldn't do that. Watching a match on TV is no big occasion like it was in the 60's. 50 years later and the 3pm no televised matches rule is only benefiting the tv companies and annoyingly, messing around fans who attend matches.

It's a joke and needs to be addressed by the FA.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by 1066familyman View Post
      Your thoughts please.
      I enjoy it.

1 Not allowed!
      Your thoughts please.
      wouldn't go a miss in a land fill site , stinks of corruption and over inflated egos with wages to match !!!!
      regards
      DR
      Gone Wrong Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I think football in essence hasn't changed one little bit to what first attracted you to the beautiful game, apart from maybe the ball and the boots. Just need to blank out every last bit of hyper BS surrounding it and feeding off it and you'll have the same good time you first had.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

2 Not allowed!
      I enjoy watching the football, but hate the matches being rearranged by SKY.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Your thoughts please.
      The premiership teams pay far too much for mediocre players and are now paying with poor performances in Europe
      portslade seagull..brighton till i die