Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mclaten to Boro

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
Watch Mclaren get the job at Mboro .**** it up then walk away with millions .just like he did with Derby Twice;Forest,Newcastle .and all those clubrs in Holland forgot England aswell!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely ZERO chance of this. His stock has fallen through the floor now, too much abject failure on his CV. He's destined for nothing more than a Sky Sports studio for the foreseeable.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
forgot England aswell!!!!
I envy you. Worst England manager ever, and the only time I wanted England to lose a game of football (I reasoned that if we lost against Israel, we might be able to get someone else in and qualify).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Absolutely ZERO chance of this. His stock has fallen through the floor now, too much abject failure on his CV. He's destined for nothing more than a Eurosport studio for the foreseeable.

Edited for you :thumbsup:

On the subject of payoffs, do clubs actually pay up the remainder of contracts in full? If that is the case, then a) that's crazy and b) I bet there are LOADS of managers who basically try and get sacked. I thought of this when I watched McLaren's interview after the game last Friday night (admittedly after he'd gone, so with the benefit of hindsight), but it did make me think that SO many of these guys are onto a winner – if the pay-off situation is true. No wonder (again, if that IS the case) there are so many one-time managers – one bumper pay day and they're set for life, or a good few years at least!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolutely ZERO chance of this. His stock has fallen through the floor now, too much abject failure on his CV. He's destined for nothing more than a Sky Sports studio for the foreseeable.

You might be right but I can't help thinking that Derby's mess goes a lot deeper than McClaren and that he is only partly to blame. He joined in October 2016, so wasn't responsible for building a squad full of Billy Big Bollox front players. In fact, he was the only manager who got anything out of Tom Ince. Where he seems to fail (wherever he goes) is his lack of attention to defending - even at Boro where they got to a European final and made Wembley appearances, his sides constantly leaked goals. With a defence, they could have been more like the title winning Blackburn Rovers side. And this season, Derby have conceded more goals from set pieces than anyone in the division. Says it all really.

I don't think he's a really bad coach though. He won the title in Holland with a middling club and his record at Middlesbrough stands up as does his record at Derby first time round. He's also honest and decent, so Derby this time round was probably never going to work until he was able to clear the decks of mercenaries and players who have no idea about what being in a squad should mean (I wouldn't want a single one of their players here).

Jimmy Krankie at Boro was always a tosser. He threw his toys out of the pram when it all started to go wrong, and he's still whinging now. Oh hope he fcks off and is never seen in England again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You might be right but I can't help thinking that Derby's mess goes a lot deeper than McClaren and that he is only partly to blame. He joined in October 2016, so wasn't responsible for building a squad full of Billy Big Bollox front players. In fact, he was the only manager who got anything out of Tom Ince. Where he seems to fail (wherever he goes) is his lack of attention to defending - even at Boro where they got to a European final and made Wembley appearances, his sides constantly leaked goals. With a defence, they could have been more like the title winning Blackburn Rovers side. And this season, Derby have conceded more goals from set pieces than anyone in the division. Says it all really.

I don't think he's a really bad coach though. He won the title in Holland with a middling club and his record at Middlesbrough stands up as does his record at Derby first time round. He's also honest and decent, so Derby this time round was probably never going to work until he was able to clear the decks of mercenaries and players who have no idea about what being in a squad should mean (I wouldn't want a single one of their players here).

Jimmy Krankie at Boro was always a tosser. He threw his toys out of the pram when it all started to go wrong, and he's still whinging now. Oh hope he fcks off and is never seen in England again.

I do agree with you that Derby wasn't his fault. He inherited a dressing room full of egos and a squad full of expensive, overrated misfits, so anyone walking into that was always going to struggle - especially with a bellcheese chairman who has all the patience and restraint of a starving dog in front of a bowl of pork scratchings.

And you rightly highlight their defensive frailties, which we saw in ALL their glory the other night. Starting at our place with 4 strikers (Ince, Vydra, Nugent, Bent) was just BONKERS of the highest order, especially when they were missing both their 1st choice CB's. And Will Hughes on the bench ? Well thank you very much Schteve. By the look of it, they'd packed up playing for him anyway (as they've pretty much been doing for everyone in the dugout over the last 18 months or so).

So no, the problems do indeed run far, far deeper than the managers office at Pride Park, or whatever its called these days. But as a manager, I still think he's a busted flush and would be flabbergasted to see him get a PL job again.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He didn't **** up in Holland (won the league) and has won 64 of his 124 games in charge of Derby which is a win percentage of 51%

Chris Hughtons win percentage at Brighton is 49.57%

Just saying....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He didn't **** up in Holland (won the league) and has won 64 of his 124 games in charge of Derby which is a win percentage of 51%

Chris Hughtons win percentage at Brighton is 49.57%

Just saying....

Exactly. He's really not a terrible manager by any stretch of the imagination.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaair Islaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

That is all.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not sure they'll go for McClaren but no idea who there is they could go for (same applies for Norwich too). Only manager out of a job at the moment is Pardew and not sure he would be right for either of them. Maybe Norwich will go for Karanka now!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
McClaren is decent. He doesn't build his sides from the back so often defending is something that he comes to later. I guess you can coach defending to an extent but talent in front of goal is something harder to instill and more likely to come from buying in players.

If he had been given a summer to clear his squad and build a side he would've been challenging next season, but for some daft reason he got the boot this year but I don't know who Derby expect to bring in as a manager who will do a better job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here