Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa away

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Hearing rumours we've done a deal with Villa after allowing them what they wanted at The Amex and allocation will be 7,000
Tickets on sale April 6th
That would be great if that's the case and I reckon given the circumstances we would take 7k. Not doubting you but do you mind me asking where you've heard this from?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Move the game to the emirates and give us 60,000 tickets !

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
An earlier thread on this subject concluded that we are only permitted a similar amount as any other team (give or take the segregation seats).
So whatever Udders or Newc received would be what we are permitted.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
An earlier thread on this subject concluded that we are only permitted a similar amount as any other team (give or take the segregation seats).
So whatever Udders or Newc received would be what we are permitted.

nah can't be right ! MK gave us 7000 + last season no one else was offered that

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I eateth my words.
Gone through the league regulations and it states many things about MINIMUM away tickets-
34.2.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The League may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time.
So there is a rule on minimums but not a maximum, nor from what I could see, a rule stating team A must get the same as team B in any promotion race. The other thing is Villa Park holds 42,000 (yes, I thought it was bigger), but average attendances this season are only 32,000 (includes away fans).
So, in therory, 7000 should be possable.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I eateth my words.
Gone through the league regulations and it states many things about MINIMUM away tickets-
34.2.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The League may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time.
So there is a rule on minimums but not a maximum, nor from what I could see, a rule stating team A must get the same as team B in any promotion race. The other thing is Villa Park holds 42,000 (yes, I thought it was bigger), but average attendances this season are only 32,000 (includes away fans).
So, in therory, 7000 should be possable.

Havent they shut one tier of a stand for the season?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I hope it's 7K. I've already got a tattoo of Knocky scoring the winner in extra time to take us up as champions!

#tattoofail

There won't be extra time.
It's a league game.

el punal

Hearing rumours we've done a deal with Villa after allowing them what they wanted at The Amex and allocation will be 7,000
Tickets on sale April 6th

That's interesting. For the Amex fixture the Villa away attendance was 3,258, some way above the 10% of 30,750, the ground capacity (3,075). If the same scenario is applied at Villa Park the Albion would receive 4,275 tickets based on 10% of capacity which is 42,758.

One can only hope.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
That's interesting. For the Amex fixture the Villa away attendance was 3,258, some way above the 10% of 30,750, the ground capacity (3,075). If the same scenario is applied at Villa Park the Albion would receive 4,275 tickets based on 10% of capacity which is 42,758.

One can only hope.

will they apply rounding and make it 4276

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
We won't get extra, rumours started just after the villa home game we would get more as we gave them more,it isn't happening

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We won't get extra, rumours started just after the villa home game we would get more as we gave them more,it isn't happening

It is. Both clubs are in dialogue over it. I suspect the exact allocation is yet to be sorted.

'We are hopeful of extra capacity at Villa, but it will depend on a number of factors. The goodwill is there for sure, but at the moment it is too early to give a definite answer'

The main factor being Villa's promotion chances, which stand at none this season.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here