Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest away, Leeds away.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
What do I know about football tactics? Probably less than 1% of what Chris Hughton knows BUT I do know that if we go to Leeds and play like we did in the first half against Forest we will be done big time.
It looked like we were trying to conserve energy or something in the first half but it would be nice to think that after a week's rest and the prospect of 2 more the boys could go at them from the beginning and press Leeds a la Reading and Derby. I am certain that we are capable of the 3 points we need with all the attacking options we have- it could be a goal fest but if we score one more than the opposition it doesn't matter!

theboybilly

We were undone by poor refereeing decisions (and a goalkeeping error) at Forest. At half time I thought Albion were comfortable and would go on to win by a couple of goals. Forest offered nothing in that first half and were the poorest side Albion had visited this season. I agree we could have gone at them a bit more but at the time I was of the opinion that patience was the key and the goals would come. That offside goal upset everything - we were all over them once we started chasing an equaliser, I don't think Saturday will be the same

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We were undone by poor referreing decisions (and a goalkeeping error) at Forest. At half time I thought Albion were comfortable and wouldgoon to win by a couple of goals. Forest offered nothing in that first half and were the poorest side Albion had visited this season. I agree we could have gone at them a bit more but at the time I was of the opinion that patience was the key and the goals would come.That offside goal upset everything - we were all over them once we started chasing an equaliser, I don't think Saturday will be the same

Our passing was shocking at Forest, we completely failed to impose ourselves on a far inferior team and they dragged us down to their level. Forest got a couple of breaks with their goals, but we certainly can't blame the ref for the defeat, we just weren't at it. Too many players had an off day.

I agree with the OP. If we put that kind of performance in at Leeds, then we'll get smashed. I think the players know just what a tough game this is going to be though and will be more at it than they were for that Forest debacle.

theboybilly

Saw a different game to me, I thought we were dismal and would not have scored if we played 'til midnight.

I agree the finishing was woeful like Knockhaert's attempts at a 'worldy' when a simple shot would have sufficed, but Albion upped their game at 0-1 and the introduction of Hemed improved things. Yes I agree our passing was sloppy but at no time were Forest worthy of a lead (unless you think Albion were getting their just desserts) Neither side looked world beaters that day but Albion were the better team all day long

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I thought we were poor against Forest. Whilst the 3 to Forest was very generous, the 0 to the Albion was not. I expect a much better performance on saturday.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
We seem to do well when our front/midfield 6 chase down everything and hustle in midfield. In the games we've failed to do this (Hudds, Forest), we've been overrun. In the games we've done this well (e.g. Norwich, Reading, Derby), we've won easily. I don't understand why in certain games we don't do this - whether its a deliberate tactic, or whether the opposition is just doing it better than us, or maybe its just easier to do it at home.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We were undone by poor refereeing decisions (and a goalkeeping error) at Forest. At half time I thought Albion were comfortable and would go on to win by a couple of goals. Forest offered nothing in that first half and were the poorest side Albion had visited this season. I agree we could have gone at them a bit more but at the time I was of the opinion that patience was the key and the goals would come. That offside goal upset everything - we were all over them once we started chasing an equaliser, I don't think Saturday will be the same

Are you Arsene in disguise?

We were terrible at Forest.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Forest might turn out to be the kick up the pants we needed (like Rotherham last year was). We were reeling from the Newcastle game - and Hughton really should have freshened the team up.

Rotherham and Derby have proved this - I can't believe any of them will be dwelling on the Forest game now....

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Forest might turn out to be the kick up the pants we needed (like Rotherham last year was). We were reeling from the Newcastle game - and Hughton really should have freshened the team up.

This - thought team looked tired and short of ideas against Forest. Two home games in previous 7 days gainst top teams should have been indicator of need to change a few things.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Fans were poor also..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Not sure that the first goal was offside. I was sitting in the East stand amongst the Forest ( shock horror!) and I don't think it touched Assombolonga. Clough put it straught in and Asswhatever was just 'Claiming' the goal as he wheeled away trying to nick the glory.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here