Thread: Bars in Berlin

Who lit that match then?

Bars in Berlin

0 Not allowed!
    Would Herr Tubthumper be able to recommend any bars in Berlin that could show English Championship games on 22/4 for the Norwich game please? We will be staying near the Brandenburg Gate and preferably suitable to take an 11 year old and elderly mother in law?! Oh, and my wife ���� too. Or alternatively any decent watering holes to frequent for some local beers?
    Last edited by South Stand Bonfire; 15-03-2017 at 21:05. Reason: Date change

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      it's been moved to 21st.
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did

1 Not allowed!
      Mon Cherie Stuttgarter Platz near Chalottenberg Station.....remember that from my RAF days

Forget that just read about the mother in law, kid and wife
      K55 BHA

1 Not allowed!
      HT will be in Norwich.

But I'm sure he can sort you out!
      Who lit that match then?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by timbha View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      it's been moved to 21st.
      Just noticed that. Works out better for a Friday night out in Berlin now!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by South Stand Bonfire View Post
      Would Herr Tubthumper be able to recommend any bars in Berlin that could show English Championship games on 22/4 for the Norwich game please? We will be staying near the Brandenburg Gate and preferably suitable to take an 11 year old and elderly mother in law?! Oh, and my wife ���� too. Or alternatively any decent watering holes to frequent for some local beers?
      Plenty of football is shown but I'm afraid it's the mainly Bundesliga and in the handful of English/Irish pubs it's the Premier League which dominates. The only place I know where you will have a chance is The Oscar Wilde http://www.oscar-wilde-irish-pub.de but you will have to ask them. You will also have to contend with a Friday night stag do atmosphere as well.

I can certainly help with your other request for local watering holes. Will you be as a family at all times i.e. will you always need a venue which accommodates you in-law and your 11 year old? Or can I recommend some of the more adventurous places?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Who lit that match then?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Plenty of football is shown but I'm afraid it's the mainly Bundesliga and in the handful of English/Irish pubs it's the Premier League which dominates. The only place I know where you will have a chance is The Oscar Wilde http://www.oscar-wilde-irish-pub.de but you will have to ask them. You will also have to contend with a Friday night stag do atmosphere as well.

I can certainly help with your other request for local watering holes. Will you be as a family at all times i.e. will you always need a venue which accommodates you in-law and your 11 year old? Or can I recommend some of the more adventurous places?
      HT, thanks for that. I'll be with my family mostly so probably best to avoid too adventurous places ! Any suggestions for decent pubs would be great though. Also, is the cafe where David Bowie frequented when he did his Trilogy there worth going to ?

Cheers
      SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT Vatican Citys No.2 Keeper's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by South Stand Bonfire View Post
      HT, thanks for that. I'll be with my family mostly so probably best to avoid too adventurous places ! Any suggestions for decent pubs would be great though. Also, is the cafe where David Bowie frequented when he did his Trilogy there worth going to ?

Cheers
      Having been to said cafe - Neues Ufer - when in Berlin for a few football games about three weeks ago, I'd highly recommend it. Nice quiet atmosphere when we were there in the middle of the afternoon on a Friday. Had lots of pictures of the great man from throughout the years up on the walls.

There's also the plaque on the apartment building him and Iggy Pop used to live at a few doors up from the cafe as well, which is worth a look. All a few minutes walk from Kleistpark U-Bahn stop.
      Gotta Get Schwifty!

1 Not allowed!
      When we were in Munich and it was West Ham at home a few years back on a Monday night we just asked in a sports bar if they could show the game on one screen and they did, strangely everyone in the bar migrated to watching the game, annoyingly we lost 1-0.
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !