Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brilliant News

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Personally I question why we should be bound by the Geneva Convention when the enemy isn't ? If we were fighting say the French who have signed it then fair enough but the Taliban haven't so they shouldn't be protected by it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the circumstances, as reported, I still believe that 7 years was an excessive sentence and would have expected 5 or 6 thus meaning immediate release without any compo as he was found guilty.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
For killing a fallen enemy?
Terrorist.
Killing a fallen terrorist.
A terrorist who would have shown no mercy or adhered to any conventions, if faced with any of our brave lads.
I'm not going to get into a debate with anyone so this will be my final word on the matter.
Have you ever been in a battleground situation?
I have, believe me when I say that you do things that you would never dream of doing, things that the normal man on the street would find distasteful to say the least.
I know first hand how different people react in such situations.

So yes, should have had a medal for killing a terrorist.
Goodnight

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Terrorist.
A terrorist who would have shown no mercy or adhered to any conventions, if faced with any of our brave lads.
I'm not going to get into a debate with anyone so this will be my final word on the matter.
I have, believe me when I say that you do things that you would never dream of doing, things that the normal man on the street would find distasteful to say the least.

Goodnight

Agree with 99% of what you have said. The Marine in question was obviously suffering mentally so quite rightly cleared of murder and has been convicted of manslaughter for which he realises his actions were wrong which should lead on to with diminished responsibility surely. My point was he should not be given a medal for killing fallen enemy. No one should. But that is only my opinion.
As your someone who has served in the military my I take this opportunity to say thankyou for your service to the nation.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Terrorist.

Goodnight
The only caveat I might apply to this response is that we have to be very careful not to legitimise activities that contravene the Geneva convention, and that applies even more when on foreign soil in my view. Still, in this case he was proven to have mental health issues, so maybe that is that. But why was he still in the battle field? Somebody ought to be held to account, even over the death of someone we consider a terrorist.

And I, too, wish to thank you for your service to the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here