Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brilliant News

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Still a ****ing joke that he's being charged with manslaughter. He should be living his life with his family not in prison but this is typical of the PC world we now live in.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Bloody Geneva Convention - as if that Taliban fighter would have any regard for it had things been the other way round.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Burnley supporting clown on Radio 5 interviewed his brief this afternoon, and raised the isssue of the shot man's civil rights. The lawyer defenestrated him....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Great news, hope he is home by the weekend with compensation.

Compensation will not enter the equation as he has still been convicted of a serious offense for which he would probably have got imprisonment originally. I would hope that the revised sentence means he has served his time and be eligible for release virtually immediately.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Great news, the armed forces are paid to do a job, to protect us civvies from the evils of this world.
Absolutely ridiculous that this guy has been put through these eronious charades.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who's that H ?

Tony Livesey.

I suppose he was just doing his job, but there is no need to always offer a Devil's Advocate position. He wouldn't do that when discussing Princess Di ("but some say she was a bit 'friendly' with a selection of men with whom she was not married") or Jimmy Savile ("But he did an awful lot for charity") :nono:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I have a great deal of sympathy for the poor bloke, what a horrible position to be placed in.

I know I am in danger of wading into stuff I don't know much about, but sometimes I think this stuff needs to be pushed up the chain of command. It is really difficult to understand or appreciate what was so strategically important about this checkpoint, that it needed to be manned, in what appears to have been a half arsed manner. I have no idea if this is true, but it seems that this was what the guys on the ground believed. I appreciate that there is no such thing as safe warfare and that difficult decision have to be made, but I just can't get my head around this situation. If this checkpoint was strategically important and by manning it lives could be saved elsewhere, why can't it be done properly? Would the Americans have approached this in the same way?

Perhaps it wasn't the PC brigade or the Geneva Convention that created this situation, just maybe it was the politicians and the generals.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I have a great deal of sympathy for the poor bloke, what a horrible position to be placed in.

I know I am in danger of wading into stuff I don't know much about, but sometimes I think this stuff needs to be pushed up the chain of command. It is really difficult to understand or appreciate what was so strategically important about this checkpoint, that it needed to be manned, in what appears to have been a half arsed manner. I have no idea if this is true, but it seems that this was what the guys on the ground believed. I appreciate that there is no such thing as safe warfare and that difficult decision have to be made, but I just can't get my head around this situation. If this checkpoint was strategically important and by manning it lives could be saved elsewhere, why can't it be done properly? Would the Americans have approached this in the same way?

Perhaps it wasn't the PC brigade or the Geneva Convention that created this situation, just maybe it was the politicians and the generals.

It's normally the politicians and generals mate.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My middle son has just applied to join the Royals as a Rupert and has been following this story for a long time, to say he and I are delighted would be an understatement, until you have walked in the shoes of a battle field soldier you'll never really have the right to judge if what he did was wrong!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
what some people do not realise is that shit happens in war

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
My middle son has just applied to join the Royals as a Rupert and has been following this story for a long time, to say he and I are delighted would be an understatement, until you have walked in the shoes of a battle field soldier you'll never really have the right to judge if what he did was wrong!

Good luck to your son. My eldest is in the Royal Marines so I too have been following this closely. I hope he gets in even if it is as a Rupert!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Exactly that.

Good luck to your son mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here