Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the away form our "achilles heel? According to Virgo it is..

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Virgs is generally good - got this one wrong with inadequate preparation. Our relative away form (2nd in League) is far better then Newcastle's relative home form (7th)

We have 32 points from 18 away games - 1.78 pts per game
Newcastle have 35 points from 18 home games - 1.94 pts per game

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Sorry, missing the comparison?

Previous poster was saying that 'our relative away form (2nd in League) is far better than Newcastle's relative home form (7th)'.

Clearly that's true in table position terms, but not on a points per game basis. It's particularly relevant since they have one more home game than us, and we have one more away game than them.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Obviously the last few away games is a worry. Even at Rotherham, the worst team in the league could have been ahead at half time.

I am glad as everyone here that we got the job done 2nd half though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, yes, but what is Leeds Achilles heel? Please tell as AV...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that you are all being harsh on AV who has more knowledge about football in general and our team in particular than all of the posters on NSC added together.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Reckon our achilles heel this season is going off the boil after an international break. Three out of three so far isn't it? So unless we've sharpened up our act, we'll under-perform v Blackburn at the Amex on the Saturday and take all three points v Birmingham at the Amex the following Tuesday.

4th Sept International - followed by defeat at home to Brentford

8th and 11th Oct Internationals - followed by 2-2 draw at home to Preston

11th & 15th Nov Internationals - followed by 1-1 draw at home to Aston Villa

It's not brilliant but it's not drastically bad either.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
4th Sept International - followed by defeat at home to Brentford

8th and 11th Oct Internationals - followed by 2-2 draw at home to Preston

11th & 15th Nov Internationals - followed by 1-1 draw at home to Aston Villa

It's not brilliant but it's not drastically bad either.

Time to break the mould against Blackburn then

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think that you are all being harsh on AV who has more knowledge about football in general and our team in particular than all of the posters on NSC added together.

Hit a nerve BG? R U his bezzie m8? I think people are only having a larf TBH...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hit a nerve BG? R U his bezzie m8? I think people are only having a larf TBH...

I have never met the man but I do get up tight with some of the keyboard warriors who wouldnt recognize a football if it hit them in the face but it is seen to be big to slate people who do .

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Surely, Leeds Achilles heel is that, although they are the eternal "champions of Europe", they currently play in the Championship, which is clearly beneath them, their management, players and, most of all, their fans?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have never met the man but I do get up tight with some of the keyboard warriors who wouldnt recognize a football if it hit them in the face but it is seen to be big to slate people who do .

TBF I like Adam, have met him more than once, but I don't think this is his finest moment...

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Previous poster was saying that 'our relative away form (2nd in League) is far better than Newcastle's relative home form (7th)'.

Clearly that's true in table position terms, but not on a points per game basis. It's particularly relevant since they have one more home game than us, and we have one more away game than them.

The point though was clearly made regarding league position, not points earned

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here