Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Staff

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
OK forget the suits. How many managers does it take to run Brighton & Hove Albion, The Amex and the training ground? And I mean people who wear smart clothing rather than the day to day workers who clean, serve or prepare food, run the shop, man reception desks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Too many lanyard-strutters for my liking. Act like they OWN the place. Whereas in reality they owe their employment 100% to the fans they increasingly treat as some form of ferals.

Ah well, the ferals only fought for the right of the club to continue to exist. Not to have any say over what it would become. Though might be in the club's best interests to keep the ferals onside. Cos they'll need them on the way down, when the lanyards have deserted the ship earlydoors.

HE'S RIGHT THOUGH :facepalm:
regards
DR

He is right though X 2.

He's moaning about the 1901ers, who strut about after the match, and on the station, still wearing their lanyards.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The only person I think I've ever seen at the training ground in a suit is Paul Barber, and that was only once.

el punal

So the gist of this thread, and some of the posts, is that there seems to be resentment to people who wear 3-piece suits, who use a suite with a 3-piece suite which looks sweet and suits the suits that sit in the suite, and with a lanyard to boot to suit. :mad:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Sussex Uni's marketing and events teams are based there but usually wear smart casual clothes if that helps :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What on earth are you ranting about? The OP is talking about people at the Amex during the week, which he has mistaken for Amex workers, instead of people using the lounges/offices for conference/meetings.

Umm...he did talk about the Forest beam back which was on ..erm a Saturday :shrug:

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
The guy who sits a few seats over from me wears a lanyard with his season ticket proudly displayed, I'm in WSL 😁

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't know who they are or what they do, as long as they keep doing for the rest of the season whatever they have been doing up to now !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So the gist of this thread, and some of the posts, is that there seems to be resentment to people who wear 3-piece suits, who use a suite with a 3-piece suite which looks sweet and suits the suits that sit in the suite, and with a lanyard to boot to suit. :mad:

Seems to be suit fascism to me. I'm really not sure why people show such venom towards people that wear a suit for work.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Seems to be suit fascism to me. I'm really not sure why people show such venom towards people that wear a suit for work.

I wear a suit to work every day, top button done up, tie properly tied, and I've been to the Amex for business meetings. I don't wear a suit when I go to watch football, though I do have a lanyard, which I put on when I go into the ground, and remove when I leave the ground.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Would they not be part of the business community and be using the Amex for meetings and are not part of the Amex staff but outside business people just using the rooms.

Hope as well as suits trust they were wearing ties, tie clips and cuff links

It's all part of maximising the earnings from the stadium. Getting ready for the PL

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You know the saying, never trust a man in a suit.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here