Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City Home moved to 5:30 kick off Saturday

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
If,IF we do happen to do it on this day can you imagine the knees up in Brighton,I'd imagine the town will be drunk dry,I shall personally be in shit order for the next few days.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Happy the game's still on the Saturday. Evening kick off is preferable to the lunchtime option.

In these days of the schedule being screwed around at Sky's mercurial whim, I'm just grateful it's not ANOTHER Friday night, or even worse, the Sunday when there's no trains and it's a feckin' replacement bus service.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's not just being on television in this country though. Quite often there are Sunday games which aren't live here, but will be somewhere else in the world.

Someone did ask a similar question recently and I had a quick scan of some 'unfashionable' club's fixtures, possibly Burnley, and 23 of 38 games were Saturday. Of those 23, some wouldn't have been 3pms - I don't know how many: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?349286-Waiting-List&p=7836874&highlight=#post7836874

Another thing. The most televised Championship club last season, certainly until the last few games, was Wolves. Were they picked because they were fashionable and/or attractive and/or involved in the promotion chase? Or did they just happen to be playing sides that Sky were interested in at certain times?

May have misunderstood your initial point but games aren't moved for foreign TV though. There will be other logistical reasons, such as one team being involved in a Thursday fixture. Every PL match is covered to a level that's suitable to be shown live and they're all available to foreign broadcasters.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This was aways going to be moved to a number of potential times and days. Off all these Saturday 5-30 is most preferable.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
If,IF we do happen to do it on this day can you imagine the knees up in Brighton,I'd imagine the town will be drunk dry,I shall personally be in shit order for the next few days.
This is precisely the train of thought I cling to to get me through the international break.

I am either a total obsessive or an alcoholic.

Or both.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I have already forewarned Mrs P that if (and I still emphasize IF) we get promotion that day, I may well go missing for some time :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here