Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City Home moved to 5:30 kick off Saturday

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No other matches now to be scheduled, just the 2 on the last day as already known. Plus last game of the League 1 season on April 30th at 1200, last day of League 2 on May 6th at 1730 which adds up to 92 Championship games and 20 others
So, are Newcastle definitely playing Friday 28th and Hudds Sat 29th 3pm...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Don't you understand English ? I said there are NO more games left to be scheduled
Fair enough. Just being lazy wanting to stay on NSC rather than go and hunt down fixture lists - wasn't sure if earlier references in the thread to Newcastle and Huddersfield fixtures were guesses or confirmed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The worse thing about these 5.30pm KO's?

Getting absolutely hammered...:angry::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

There is too much time, linked into the evening that leads to those of us that are weak minded and easily led getting waylaid and trolleyed by the time we arrive home. My liver has had enough. At least for a 3pm some sentient part of my brain wants to get home for tea at some point...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Oh well. At least it will still be light by then!
"Oh well" ....? Isn't this great news? I love it when Sky come to The Amex and hundreds of thousands of people get to see us on telly. 5.30pm is also a great time for people having a few beers beforehand and cranking up the atmosphere.

Having the other teams' fixtures completed also increases the probability that we will be able to celebrate, either from the word go or if we win/draw, against Bristol.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be honest, when we get promoted to the pshite, for next season, we will have loads of games on Saturday at 3 o'clock as we won't be near the top or a particularly attractive side.

How many 3 o'clock home games have we had this season?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
"Oh well" ....? Isn't this great news? I love it when Sky come to The Amex and hundreds of thousands of people get to see us on telly. 5.30pm is also a great time for people having a few beers beforehand and cranking up the atmosphere.

Having the other teams' fixtures completed also increases the probability that we will be able to celebrate, either from the word go or if we win/draw, against Bristol.

I think it could be a real advantage playing last on the penultimate round. We will know exactly what we have to do, for top 2 or dare I say it, the Football League title.

PG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be honest, when we get promoted to the pshite, for next season, we will have loads of games on Saturday at 3 o'clock as we won't be near the top or a particularly attractive side.

How many 3 o'clock home games have we had this season?

It doesn't really work like that though does it? Even the not particularly attractive sides have to play the, errrrm, attractive sides and those fixtures can be moved.

Additionally, there's a degree of luck as to how fixtures come out of the computer. Simply if you're playing one of the big boys the weekend after they have been in European competition you'll probably not be playing on a Saturday either.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The worse thing about these 5.30pm KO's?

Getting absolutely hammered...:angry::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

There is too much time, linked into the evening that leads to those of us that are weak minded and easily led getting waylaid and trolleyed by the time we arrive home. My liver has had enough. At least for a 3pm some sentient part of my brain wants to get home for tea at some point...

Generally leads to a good atmosphere though :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know that fella,

It is the whole 3pm kick which is what we expect

So you plan around that, ok we can do that with a 7 year old home by 6pm invite friends round she can play until 8pm with her friends they go to bed... asleep by 9

Adult time, drinking and watching the fight.

Now its changed, its like ok, now home by 8-8.30 - either they dont come round as it is not fair as my child will freak out if she is not asleep by 9 and we cancel the get together.

Or more than likely the wife and child dont come, I take the bloke on the wifes ticket. the kids and wives stay at home play and we watch football and come back watch the boxing...

Most would say thats ideal, but I wanted the little one to experience something special.

Fair enough. I've missed a couple of games this season that I'd specifically tried to plan other stuff around and Sky ****ed it up. This could be a once in a lifetime game as well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It doesn't really work like that though does it? Even the not particularly attractive sides have to play the, errrrm, attractive sides and those fixtures can be moved.

Additionally, there's a degree of luck as to how fixtures come out of the computer. Simply if you're playing one of the big boys the weekend after they have been in European competition you'll probably not be playing on a Saturday either.

How many televised/moved games have the likes of, say Bmuff, Watford and Boro has this season ? Anyone know ? Bet it's not many

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Could be absolute top banana if we get promoted via hudds dropping points at 3pm. All day party at the Amex

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Tastic, delighted that it's still Saturday! Cracking atmosphere guaranteed.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
How many televised/moved games have the likes of, say Bmuff, Watford and Boro has this season ? Anyone know ? Bet it's not many

Not sure if this is the point you're making but often games will be moved and not be on tv. Would be a lot more Sunday games that's for sure

Edit: to answer your question, no I have no idea!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Lets be honest. With whats potentially at stake, anything else in that day can be forfeited. If you ignore the boxing problem you could still have a nice family evening at the football. Having all the nice experiences you have mentioned. Its only becuse you want to rush home and do something else you have yourself in a tis.

If it was Barcelona and the game was kicking off at 10pm or 11pm at night i would get your point. 5.30pm KO?? Not really. I am sure you'd still take your kid to the cinema at 5.30pm. Anyone with half a brain would wait for the fixtures confirmed time before making other plans for this one.

Stuff the boxing and take you're family to a potentially monumental game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I am not bothered by the boxing at all, and would much rather take my daughter to possibly one of the best games to be at in Brighton for years. It is more the fact you buy your ticket, make your plans and bingo Sky say jump and we all say how high would you like me to jump.

I know what's gonna happen the daughter offered a play date and a friend sleeping over. Kids are Kids and this is a game that could have cemented that love for the club. Anyway I have yet to tell the wife, gonna wait until the brats gone to bed so we can pros and cons it.

At the end of the day I will bloody be there with feckin great bells on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here