Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City Home moved to 5:30 kick off Saturday

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Complete and utter bollox, we purchased family tickets for all of us, and had plans to see friends and them stay over to watch the boxing...

Now that's all feckin gonna have to change and probably cancel the wife and kids ticket, I really wanted her too see the Albion get promoted and savour the great feeling hopefully around the ground.

Bollox, Bollox

Feck Sky

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Could be monumental. And mental. Very glad it's stayed on Saturday, and better to be after the other games not before. Guaranteed sellout too as well now I'd think.

Almost sold out already, nothing in the North and West anyway, looking for a ticket for my OH, she'll have to slum it in the South it looks like !!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
So glad it wasn't moved to the Friday, IF that is the game we go up I want to be able to celebrate after the game, not having to wait another day for results to come in.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Is there a possibility that they could move Hudds game to the Bank Holiday Monday?

I was thinking this, are they gambling here that Newcastle and Brighton are the ones to go up and Hudds missing out or could they still shift them to Monday?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wonder how many will go to the game and then to a pub to watch Joshua v Klitschko and then to celebrate a double win.

That is what we were gonna do as a family, and bought tickets. had plans to come home, friends come round, kids play for two hours put them to bed and watch the boxing.

Now I guess it's all up in the air.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Selfishly quite pleased with this. Saturday is my wedding anniversary so I'd have initially preferred Friday. However, a little bit of grovelling and I managed to book two restaurants, one on Friday and one on Saturday. Friday was with a better place at a better time. 5.30 kick offs are great for generating an atmosphere and there is the real chance of a party afterwards.

This is the next best thing to 3pm Saturday IMO.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there a possibility that they could move Hudds game to the Bank Holiday Monday?
I don't think so.

It would seem that Sky have decided which team will be the odd one out.

I wish I had their confidence.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Fight won't start till about 11pm will it ?

I know that fella,

It is the whole 3pm kick which is what we expect

So you plan around that, ok we can do that with a 7 year old home by 6pm invite friends round she can play until 8pm with her friends they go to bed... asleep by 9

Adult time, drinking and watching the fight.

Now its changed, its like ok, now home by 8-8.30 - either they dont come round as it is not fair as my child will freak out if she is not asleep by 9 and we cancel the get together.

Or more than likely the wife and child dont come, I take the bloke on the wifes ticket. the kids and wives stay at home play and we watch football and come back watch the boxing...

Most would say thats ideal, but I wanted the little one to experience something special.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I know that fella,

It is the whole 3pm kick which is what we expect

So you plan around that, ok we can do that with a 7 year old home by 6pm invite friends round she can play until 8pm with her friends they go to bed... asleep by 9

Adult time, drinking and watching the fight.

Now its changed, its like ok, now home by 8-8.30 - either they dont come round as it is not fair as my child will freak out if she is not asleep by 9 and we cancel the get together.

Or more than likely the wife and child dont come, I take the bloke on the wifes ticket. the kids and wives stay at home play and we watch football and come back watch the boxing...

Most would say thats ideal, but I wanted the little one to experience something special.
Lets be honest. With whats potentially at stake, anything else in that day can be forfeited. If you ignore the boxing problem you could still have a nice family evening at the football. Having all the nice experiences you have mentioned. Its only becuse you want to rush home and do something else you have yourself in a tis.

If it was Barcelona and the game was kicking off at 10pm or 11pm at night i would get your point. 5.30pm KO?? Not really. I am sure you'd still take your kid to the cinema at 5.30pm. Anyone with half a brain would wait for the fixtures confirmed time before making other plans for this one.

Stuff the boxing and take you're family to a potentially monumental game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here