Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City Home moved to 5:30 kick off Saturday

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Apologies if this is fixtures and further apologies if it's just a stupid question. Tickets for the final home match versus Bristol City go on general sale tomorrow. As it isn't the final round of fixtures the date and time isn't "locked in" so I guess it remains subject to change. As things stand, I should be able to go, assuming I am able to get a ticket. What do we reckon the chances are of the game remaining a Saturday 3 p.m. kick off? We seem to get precious few of those once the season draws to a close and it seems likely that Sky would want to book in Newcastle, 'Udders and ourselves over the weekend if possible.

I don't really tend to study this stuff so I'm not clued up on when TV announcements are made and how it all works.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Apologies if this is fixtures and further apologies if it's just a stupid question. Tickets for the final home match versus Bristol City go on general sale tomorrow. As it isn't the final round of fixtures the date and time isn't "locked in" so I guess it remains subject to change. As things stand, I should be able to go, assuming I am able to get a ticket. What do we reckon the chances are of the game remaining a Saturday 3 p.m. kick off? We seem to get precious few of those once the season draws to a close and it seems likely that Sky would want to book in Newcastle, 'Udders and ourselves over the weekend if possible.

I don't really tend to study this stuff so I'm not clued up on when TV announcements are made and how it all works.

Best to check sky schedule but surely we have had our share of tv games

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Hmm! Thought so. A shame. I don't want to miss it either but anything other than the Saturday is likely to be tricky. I suppose Saturday at 5:30 would work well enough.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Anyone know the date of when Sky need to inform us if this one is going to be changed? Is it 5 or 6 weeks notice?

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
For purely selfish reasons please let it be moved to the Friday night as a few weeks ago I had to succumb to a weekend in Rome and we fly early Saturday am!! I intend to be at Norwich and Villa the weekends before and after but have a sneaky feeling B City at home will be the promotion clincher. Whilst not much consolation Roma do play Lazio that weekend.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
For purely selfish reasons please let it be moved to the Friday night as a few weeks ago I had to succumb to a weekend in Rome and we fly early Saturday am!! I intend to be at Norwich and Villa the weekends before and after but have a sneaky feeling B City at home will be the promotion clincher. Whilst not much consolation Roma do play Lazio that weekend.

What do you mean you had to succumb to a weekend in Rome - you've all summer to go to Rome for the weekend

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I think it will be.
Not sure if the police get any say in rearranged Sky games, but would they want Bristol City fans in town all day if it was moved to the Monday, or 5.30 KO Saturday?
As if police give a shit about Bristol City fans.

Moving the end of season games is always a tricky one for Sky as the early slots - Thursday, Friday and Saturday lunchtime, will be before the other games so there is less chance of a team going up until the others have played.

That's why Bournemouth got promoted on a Monday night a couple of years back...but Watford went up when they weren't even playing as a result of playing us Saturday lunchtime.

Will be very interesting to see what they do with Newcastle, Huddersfield and us

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here