Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City Home moved to 5:30 kick off Saturday

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bank Holiday Monday, 2pm is what I've heard.

Cardiff v Newcastle on Friday night, Birmingham v Huddersfield on Monday evening.

So we could be waiting on the Huddersfield game that evening to be promoted, which would be a total shit house way to get promoted. Hopefully we can seal it before then or on the afternoon so don't have to get promoted whilst watching the telly!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hmm! Thought so. A shame. I don't want to miss it either but anything other than the Saturday is likely to be tricky. I suppose Saturday at 5:30 would work well enough.

Hadn't thought of that!

It's my stepsister's Wedding on the 29th.
I have agreed that I will be there for the evening reception, but may be a little late..
I was hoping the game would be moved to any other day, to make things easier all round..
5:30 kick off would be a disaster! bugger!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Just shows the contempt "modern football" has for the fans.

Tickets on sale tomorrow with nobody having any idea when the game will actually be played.

What a shambles.

Tickets probably won't actually go on sale. This happened with another of the home games recently (possibly the Derby game).

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Tickets probably won't actually go on sale. This happened with another of the home games recently (possibly the Derby game).

Yes, you're right now I come to think of it. The Derby tickets were held back until the fixture change had been announced. Will just have to keep an eye on the site tomorrow morning and see what happens.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully the final home game WILL be on a Saturday. It's always been a nice traditional touch for the players and their families to do a lap of the pitch to always warm applause. Would be IMHO a shame to lose that personal mutual show of appreciation.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hopefully the final home game WILL be on a Saturday. It's always been a nice traditional touch for the players and their families to do a lap of the pitch to always warm applause. Would be IMHO a shame to lose that personal mutual show of appreciation.

I agree entirely, but any reason why they wouldn't be able to do that on the Sunday or Monday??

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

They could certainly still do it on a Friday, but I think you'd lose a lot of the players families. Much as I enjoy applauding the players, watching their kids tearing about the pitch is, to me, probably the best bit of it. Endlessly entertaining.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They could certainly still do it on a Friday, but I think you'd lose a lot of the players families. Much as I enjoy applauding the players, watching their kids tearing about the pitch is, to me, probably the best bit of it. Endlessly entertaining.

I prefer LEERING at their WIVES

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I liked the one when Alan Navarro's little lad, about three years old, was running 20 yards ahead of everyone else, milking all the applause.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Reckon the live games will be on Bank Holiday Monday - like the Derby games last season

This would be PERFECT for me as I havea stag do on the Saturday night. Worse case for me is the game moved to 5.30, pretty sure this will be on Sky though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I agree entirely, but any reason why they wouldn't be able to do that on the Sunday or Monday??

Fair point - as long as it's a 3pm or at a pinch 5.30pm kick-off. Would be largely wasted on an evening match. Past most players little kids bedtimes, plus most of the crowd would have buggered off earlydoors to 'beat the queues'.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
So we could be waiting on the Huddersfield game that evening to be promoted, which would be a total shit house way to get promoted. Hopefully we can seal it before then or on the afternoon so don't have to get promoted whilst watching the telly!

Though if 30,000 of us stayed at The Amex and they put in on the big screens and let us drink it could be BRILLIANT.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What time do tickets go on sale tomorrow?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Apparently next raft of Sky games being announced Friday, but not sure how far ahead this will go. Norwich away may also be included.

Living In Bristol, their fans are not that bad except when they play Rovers and Cardiff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here