Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City Home moved to 5:30 kick off Saturday

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not bothered by the boxing at all, and would much rather take my daughter to possibly one of the best games to be at in Brighton for years. It is more the fact you buy your ticket, make your plans and bingo Sky say jump and we all say how high would you like me to jump.

I know what's gonna happen the daughter offered a play date and a friend sleeping over. Kids are Kids and this is a game that could have cemented that love for the club. Anyway I have yet to tell the wife, gonna wait until the brats gone to bed so we can pros and cons it.

At the end of the day I will bloody be there with feckin great bells on.

Can I buy you that pint in The Albert afterwards?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Step-sister's wedding in Arundel.
Had explained i would be at the evening reception only.

This has totally ****ed that up.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm genuinely very sorry for all the people that have been dicked around and won't be able to make this match however; I am bloody thrilled with this. Saturday is clear, the tickets are stashed and my daughter and I will be shouting ourselves hoarse for the boys.

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
Typical... Will be missing this one! Was planning to go straight from the Amex up to Wembley for Joshua vs Klitschko... thats gone t*ts up. Now the game's at 5:30 I think that will be leaving it far too late to allow time to get there. :( Anyone else with this issue?
Any ideas NSC faithful? :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Typical... Will be missing this one! Was planning to go straight from the Amex up to Wembley for Joshua vs Klitschko... thats gone t*ts up. Now the game's at 5:30 I think that will be leaving it far too late to allow time to get there. :( Anyone else with this issue?

I thought you preferred Leeds anyway ? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015
Won't make a blind bit of difference if I end up going to Live at Leeds on the 29th. I'm hoping we're promoted at the Wigan game tbh.

In the event I'm not going up to Leeds, I'll likely be working at the Amex 13:00-21:30 then Concorde 2 22:30-04:30

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just hoping all goes to plan, could be my last game ever at The Amex! :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Yeah. **** the boxing. Simples.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It doesn't really work like that though does it? Even the not particularly attractive sides have to play the, errrrm, attractive sides and those fixtures can be moved.

Additionally, there's a degree of luck as to how fixtures come out of the computer. Simply if you're playing one of the big boys the weekend after they have been in European competition you'll probably not be playing on a Saturday either.

As usual I bow to your superior knowledge

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How many televised/moved games have the likes of, say Bmuff, Watford and Boro has this season ? Anyone know ? Bet it's not many

It's not just being on television in this country though. Quite often there are Sunday games which aren't live here, but will be somewhere else in the world.

Someone did ask a similar question recently and I had a quick scan of some 'unfashionable' club's fixtures, possibly Burnley, and 23 of 38 games were Saturday. Of those 23, some wouldn't have been 3pms - I don't know how many: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?349286-Waiting-List&p=7836874&highlight=#post7836874

Another thing. The most televised Championship club last season, certainly until the last few games, was Wolves. Were they picked because they were fashionable and/or attractive and/or involved in the promotion chase? Or did they just happen to be playing sides that Sky were interested in at certain times?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So Cinderella will be going to the ball after all, or in this case, I will be seeing Count Arthur Strong perform The Sound of Mucus :clap:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
\o/ yay - they didn't change the date, just the time. Less time for drinking afterwards though, which could be a good thing considering the family I'm drinking with :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here