Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich Tickets (Now on SKY: Friday 21st April, kick-off 7.45pm)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Shame the club didn't provide coaches up at reduced rate,many clubs to this, derby last week we're the last to do this

Free coaches and subsidised tickets.

Brighton’s ticket pricing is set at: Adults £32, Senior Citizens (65+) £24, Under 21s £24, Under 18s £18, Under 10s £10.

With Mel’s pricing commitment, tickets will instead cost: Adults £20, Senior Citizens (65+) £15, Under 21s £15, Under 18s £15, Under 10s £7.50.

Speaking about the decision, Mel explained: “As a result of Sky’s decision to move the game to the Friday night, the opportunity for our supporters to make the journey down to Brighton has been severely impacted.

“We are keen to have a big away following for what will be a crucial game for us, so we will be providing free travel and subsiding ticket prices to ensure as many of our supporters as possible can be at the game.

“We value the backing that we get both home and away incredibly highly. Our supporters are critical for us in what we are seeking to achieve both this season and beyond, so we hope that this gesture will be positively received and will result in a full away end at Brighton.”

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Shame the club didn't provide coaches up at reduced rate,many clubs to this, derby last week we're the last to do this
Would be good, but given how much extra the club have already splashed out over budget to deal with the SASTA debacle it's understandable why they haven't.......

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Agreed. I've booked into the Premier Inn by the station for £61. Optional all you can eat breakfast is £8.99. Train booked (although pain the a*se return on the Saturday via Cambridge) for £13.80 each way. This is for Liverpool Street/Norwich so doesn't include getting up to London in the first place.

I've booked in to the Holiday Inn at the stadium - a three minute stroll to The away end and breakfast thrown in for £76

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My maths isn't great but assuming attendance at every away game since the Amex opened plus attendance of each cup game (average of three per cup for arguments sake) the total could only be around 1750.

Nope - waaay too high... see my earlier post...around 1550 tops....

EDIT: must have been a different thread. Here's the table again... I've assumed 2 home cup games a season and 1 away cup game (although I got the LP for each the wrong way around - but that makes only 10 LP difference)

00001.jpg

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Already seen someone asking for tickets on Facebook...... Have people not heeded Barber's warning?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As I have said previously, yes it's an inconvenience to some travelling fans. But I want the ability for tens of thousands of our fans to be able to see every one of our games and tv coverage offers that opportunity. Anyone who thinks otherwise is pretty selfish in my opinion.

TV companies will never think of the fans only their subscriber numbers and advertising revenue.

All football clubs have signed into the contract for the cash and they are as complicit as SKY,BT etc in putting the fans down the list of priorities re kick off movements.

But without TV, we wouldn't have the millions from them and the likes of American Express and the other advertisers to afford a team that is among the best in the division!

Out of interest do you go to any away games, i dont really get your "some" fans might be inconvenienced. I would say 85% of our travelling support will be inconvenienced from a match changing from 3pm Saturday to 19.45 Friday.and it's them who are selfish???

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Out of interest do you go to any away games, i dont really get your "some" fans might be inconvenienced. I would say 85% of our travelling support will be inconvenienced from a match changing from 3pm Saturday to 19.45 Friday.and it's them who are selfish???

No, I've done over 30+ years travelling following the Seagulls. I don't anymore. Let's be honest we all know it's unlikely that many 3pm games will be staying as such during a successful season, as has been proven both last season and this. Any change will benefit some and inconvenience others that's a given.

But it's good that thousands more fans are able to watch their team away than would otherwise. The majorityof fans benefit, the club sponsors benefit. Away fans granted don't benefit, but it would be good if the club recognised the extra costs incurred and somehow rewarded the away fans in some way. How? I'm not sure.

Last edited:

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Holiday inn at carrow road booked for £90, seems perfect!

Whilst it was always inevitable it would not be saturday 3pm, doesnt make it any less frustrating having a few weeks to sort time off work, travel, hotel etc

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
... the club sponsors benefit. Away fans granted don't benefit, [...] it would be good if the club recognised the extra costs incurred and somehow rewarded the away fans in some way.
Don't hold your breath.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Going on my own to this one, don't think I can justify the cost of an overnighter. Therefore hoping there aren't prolonged celebrations after the final whistle for whatever reason - going to be a quick dash back to the station to catch the last train to London!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No, I've done over 30+ years travelling following the Seagulls. I don't anymore. Let's be honest we all know it's unlikely that many 3pm games will be staying as such during a successful season, as has been proven both last season and this. Any change will benefit some and inconvenience others that's a given.

But it's good that thousands more fans are able to watch their team away than would otherwise. The majorityof fans benefit, the club sponsors benefit. Away fans granted don't benefit, but it would be good if the club recognised the extra costs incurred and somehow rewarded the away fans in some way. How? I'm not sure.

There are plenty of other 30+ year supporters who still travel all over the country.

You see its your opinion that away fans moaning about the fixture changes are selfish which grates me. There are many fans who enjoy travelling to away games by train (ignoring the rail issues we have had this year) its generally the easiest and most comfortable way to get to an away game. Look at tomorrow, a relatively easy trip is now almost impossible to do in a day by train, it can be done but is a risk, so the option for many fans is to either drive or go by coach. Same for Norwich, an awful trip to make by road.

Do we really want to breed lazy armchair supporters who give nothing to the club.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
There are plenty of other 30+ year supporters who still travel all over the country.

You see its your opinion that away fans moaning about the fixture changes are selfish which grates me. There are many fans who enjoy travelling to away games by train (ignoring the rail issues we have had this year) its generally the easiest and most comfortable way to get to an away game. Look at tomorrow, a relatively easy trip is now almost impossible to do in a day by train, it can be done but is a risk, so the option for many fans is to either drive or go by coach. Same for Norwich, an awful trip to make by road.

Do we really want to breed lazy armchair supporters who give nothing to the club.

So, let me get this right.

You would rather every game kicked off at 3pm with no TV coverage which would mean 2,000 away supporters as an example could see the game and again as an example 25,000 would have to listen to it on the radio? Is that not selfish if a person believes that?

The club would lose massive revenue streams, from TV and major sponsors.

I know it's annoying and inconvenient when games get moved, it happened to me when I was travelling around (mostly by road, driving other supporters) That's why I said it would be good if the club could somehow recompense those hardcore away fans that do lose out financially.

As for 'lazy armchair supporters who give nothing to the club' at the most basic level they pay their Sky/Now TV subs that get funnelled to the club. I would say the majority are STH's that go to every home game.

But the real gist of our disagreement I believe is the TV companies running football and the clubs accommodating them. Whether we as football fans like it or not, they are here for the long term, whether it's us or other clubs being screened the standard regular 3pm kick offs cannot be relied upon.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011

You would rather every game kicked off at 3pm with no TV coverage which would mean 2,000 away supporters as an example could see the game and again as an example 25,000 would have to listen to it on the radio? Is that not selfish if a person believes that?

I know it's annoying and inconvenient when games get moved, it happened to me when I was travelling around (mostly by road, driving other supporters) That's why I said it would be good if the club could somehow recompense those hardcore away fans that do lose out financially.

As for 'lazy armchair supporters who give nothing to the club' at the most basic level they pay their Sky/Now TV subs that get funnelled to the club. I would say the majority are STH's that go to every home game.

But the real gist of our disagreement I believe is the TV companies running football and the clubs accommodating them. Whether we as football fans like it or not, they are here for the long term, whether it's us or other clubs being screened the standard regular 3pm kick offs cannot be relied upon.

Yes please where do I sign ?????

They need to cap the amount of games each team can be on and give a couple of months notice so fans can sort out cheap rail deals - Think we could get up to 18 this season which is ridiculous and we have only had 8 home games kicking off at 3PM on a Saturday ! Sky don't care about football sky just your money

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

If we go up 70-80% of away games will do just that, I am more than happy to listen to an away game on the radio (which I have done 100's of times before we were so TV likeable), or, as has proved a viable option for sell out matches a beam back to the Amex.

Is our sponsors revenue really 17 times higher this season than it was two years ago when we were bad and not on TV.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Not sure why you are trying to argue a case for games being moved as a good thing. It's absolutely horrendous for people like me who desire to follow the club around the country as much as possible, balancing family, work and other commitments in the process. Not to mention the increasing hit on my bank balance.

You've done your 'time' as you have alluded, and no longer desire to follow us away for personal reasons. Fair enough. However, dissuading the younger generation from making that commitment by showing us on TV whilst compounding the difficulty of being able to get to the match even if they wanted to, is so far away from something positive than I can begin to describe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here