Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich Tickets (Now on SKY: Friday 21st April, kick-off 7.45pm)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Good Old Sussex by the Sky,
Good Old Sussex by the Sky

Or even a new Sky channel called Albion.

What's happened to the traditional Saturday afternoon KO, it's getting bloody ridiculous, Sky being allowed to call the shots :rant::rant:

Feel better now!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will be the sixteenth Albion match to be televised live by Sky this season (which, in terms of regular league season games, is two more than the first 4 seasons at the Amex combined).
Assuming on sky = success:-

How many times have palace been televised, this season?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 17.09.50.png

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Will be the sixteenth Albion match to be televised live by Sky this season (which, in terms of regular league season games, is two more than the first 4 seasons at the Amex combined).

What are our stats for Televised games so far? (go on, you know I could look it up, but you want to really...)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I guess there will be a lot less people going now......as I work at home / flexi time it wont stop me....
Maybe tickets will go straight on General sale to ST?

Doubt the additional effort/expense will stop most people for a potentially defining game. Other than those who simply cannot go.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Get onto the Holiday Inn at Carrow road, they have a deal on at the moment for rooms stadium side at £86 for the night! No tickets , no problem!!!

theboybilly

Get onto the Holiday Inn at Carrow road, they have a deal on at the moment for rooms stadium side at £86 for the night! No tickets , no problem!!!

I took a chance and booked this months ago with the pitch view - I pushed the boat out a bit £108. Then I got a nice email informing me that Norwich City were installing a screen in that corner but it now seems that I will get to have a view as the screen doesn't impact that much on the view of the ground. That said it was never my intention of not actually getting a ticket, I was just looking forward to watching preprations for the game

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Sixteen times? Sixteen? With more to come, in all likelihood?

On Jan 16th Paul Barber said, on the Albion website:

"It's easy to believe that TV companies - and clubs - don't consider fans when fixtures are changed. This simply isn't the case."

Where is the evidence, any evidence whatsoever, that this is true? What consideration have we received this season? Or Leeds? Or Newcastle, to speak only of clubs in our division?

He also said; "For me, a balance remains vital. ... Football simply wouldn't be the same without supporters at the game - and we mustn't ever forget this."

I have no doubt we'll fill these allocations, but I can't now go to Norwich. Constant Friday night games have made it more difficult to get to games than it's been at any point in my 32 years of season-ticket ownership, at the very point when it's most exciting, most enjoyable going to them. I can't be alone in this position, and frankly I'm sick of it. Yes, I recognise that the success has been concomitant with the TV coverage, the one in part enables the other, but what effing good is that to me if I can't see that success to enjoy it? I've said it on here before, and I'll say it again - it's not now the club's got to worry about. In the event the club drops back down the divisions, even if we have dipped our toes in the Premier League gravy lake, those who are only interested when it's all WWWDW won't be there then, and nor will some of the old-timers that have been alienated, at a time when the club really does need to care about them.

Sky won't give a flying toss about us then, so who will the club look to, to fill the coffers previously so copiously stuffed by telly? The very people they've been pissing off on the way up.

And breathe...

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I took a chance and booked this months ago with the pitch view - I pushed the boat out a bit £108. Then I got a nice email informing me that Norwich City were installing a screen in that corner but it now seems that I will get to have a view as the screen doesn't impact that much on the view of the ground. That said it was never my intention of not actually getting a ticket, I was just looking forward to watching preprations for the game

What does "watching preparations for the game" involve ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here