Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich Tickets (Now on SKY: Friday 21st April, kick-off 7.45pm)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
PROMOTION PARTY ON HOLD
BHA now play Friday night, ahead yet again of Udders & Newc.
This means that at 22:00 Friday 21st April, to gain promotion that night, we need to be 12 points ahead of Udders or 10 ahead of Newc (GD remaining as is).
12 points put another way is us winning every game until then and Udders dropping 6 points.
PROMOTION PARTY THAT NO-ONE GOES TO
Right now it is very likely that we could be promoted without playing. A 9 point gap post Norwich would mean Udders having to win both their games prior to our Bristol game. And as the Bristol game will be moved, it may well be Udders play THREE without us playing.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Could well go to added on time at Villa, or beyond.

el punal

I just thought I would throw this into the mix - since the start of the season we have only played SIX Saturday home league matches that have kicked off at 3.00pm. What are the chances that Blackburn and Bristol City (in particular) kick off times will be changed?

Oh, and we've had FIVE Friday night home matches to contend with as well. The price of success I suppose. :shrug:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I just thought I would throw this into the mix - since the start of the season we have only played SIX Saturday home league matches that have kicked off at 3.00pm. What are the chances that Blackburn and Bristol City (in particular) kick off times will be changed?

Oh, and we've had FIVE Friday night home matches to contend with as well. The price of success I suppose. :shrug:
Blackburn NO chance.

Bristol City HIGH chance. ???

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm on a plane landing at 8.30pm so can't even watch it on TV. I just knew as I was booking the flight that this would happen. Looking ahead my partner wanted to book some theatre tickets for the weekend of the Bristol City home game, can't book the Saturday matinee as it clashes with the Brighton game, can't book Saturday evening in case the game moves to 5.30pm and can't book the Friday evening in case the game moves to then! Luckily she's a football fan so understands.

I'm also on a plane, landing in Stansted at 6.30pm. I was planning to then stay with my mum in Cambridge, and saunter over there on Saturday.

Now, I've got to hope it's on Five Live.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Blackburn fixed at 3pm Saturday. Bristol City highly unlikely. Sky has to give 5 weeks' notice.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I totally disagree....Why can't they think of the fans that travel up and down the country every other week, supporting the team, the same faces week in week out! Would be nice for once that they thought about them! Fat Chance though!

Hate this part of modern football sooo much...

As I have said previously, yes it's an inconvenience to some travelling fans. But I want the ability for tens of thousands of our fans to be able to see every one of our games and tv coverage offers that opportunity. Anyone who thinks otherwise is pretty selfish in my opinion.

TV companies will never think of the fans only their subscriber numbers and advertising revenue.

All football clubs have signed into the contract for the cash and they are as complicit as SKY,BT etc in putting the fans down the list of priorities re kick off movements.

But without TV, we wouldn't have the millions from them and the likes of American Express and the other advertisers to afford a team that is among the best in the division!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the time has come where there should be a CAP on the number of times a club can have its fixtures altered by Sky.16+ times is absolutely ridiculous, and totally unfair on the fans. Well over a THIRD of our season has been pissed about with, invariably losing our Saturday 3pm's to cuffing Fridays or Mondays. Its a pile of shit.

Obviously money talks though. Sky own football now and can do whatever they want with it, so we just have to bend over and take it up the council.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I think the time has come where there should be a CAP on the number of times a club can have its fixtures altered by Sky.16+ times is absolutely ridiculous, and totally unfair on the fans. Well over a THIRD of our season has been pissed about with, invariably losing our Saturday 3pm's to cuffing Fridays or Mondays. Its a pile of shit.

Obviously money talks though. Sky own football now and can do whatever they want with it, so we just have to bend over and take it up the council.

I wonder what the additional cost incurred by fans across the season is as a result? And by this I mean, not being able to book advance trains so price goes up; having to change trains already booked; overnight stays etc etc. And that's just away games - if you've got a season ticket but can't do Fridays you've taken a hit as well.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hopefully with the Friday kick-off time and an allocation of over 2000 it might reach Bronze members, not too optimistic though.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
The way that points are awarded and carried through to the following season (50% of points >1000), the most any supporter could ever have at this stage of the season would be in the region of 1400, even if they'd been to every away game and cup match since the Amex opened!
I'm on 1845 and I was only season ticket holder when Amex expanded

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Blackburn fixed at 3pm Saturday. Bristol City highly unlikely. Sky has to give 5 weeks' notice.

I think Bristol City is very likely to be moved. Five weeks is next week and I imagine they will announce that Huddersfied, Newcastle and Albion are all being shown live as it is bank holiday weekend (think that is what they did last year with Boro moving to Friday and us and Burnley both playing Monday). I am really hoping with QPR, Wolves and Norwich all being show on Sky in the three preceding Fridays, that if it's moved it will be to another time on Saturday or on Sunday/Monday instead of Friday

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
I think Bristol City is very likely to be moved. Five weeks is next week and I imagine they will announce that Huddersfied, Newcastle and Albion are all being shown live as it is bank holiday weekend (think that is what they did last year with Boro moving to Friday and us and Burnley both playing Monday). I am really hoping with QPR, Wolves and Norwich all being show on Sky in the three preceding Fridays, that if it's moved it will be to another time on Saturday or on Sunday/Monday instead of Friday

Think Sky can only have 2 more games they can show that weekend now (as they've just announced match No 88 out of their 92 match deal Newcastle v Preston) and they'll show 2 games on the last Sunday at the same time.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Think Sky can only have 2 more games they can show that weekend now (as they've just announced match No 88 out of their 92 match deal Newcastle v Preston) and they'll show 2 games on the last Sunday at the same time.

Suspect it's very likely those two games will be Albion v Bristol City and Cardiff vs Newcastle. Hopefully we stay on the Saturday.

Fatboy Stenno

Feb 26, 2007
Haywards Heath
Overnight is stress free assuming a half-day, still very cheap accomodation available.

Agreed. I've booked into the Premier Inn by the station for £61. Optional all you can eat breakfast is £8.99. Train booked (although pain the a*se return on the Saturday via Cambridge) for £13.80 each way. This is for Liverpool Street/Norwich so doesn't include getting up to London in the first place.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Shame the club didn't provide coaches up at reduced rate,many clubs to this, derby last week we're the last to do this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here