Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 LastLast
    Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by empire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shame the club didn't provide coaches up at reduced rate,many clubs to this, derby last week we're the last to do this
    Free coaches and subsidised tickets.

Brighton’s ticket pricing is set at: Adults £32, Senior Citizens (65+) £24, Under 21s £24, Under 18s £18, Under 10s £10.

With Mel’s pricing commitment, tickets will instead cost: Adults £20, Senior Citizens (65+) £15, Under 21s £15, Under 18s £15, Under 10s £7.50.

Speaking about the decision, Mel explained: “As a result of Sky’s decision to move the game to the Friday night, the opportunity for our supporters to make the journey down to Brighton has been severely impacted.

“We are keen to have a big away following for what will be a crucial game for us, so we will be providing free travel and subsiding ticket prices to ensure as many of our supporters as possible can be at the game.

“We value the backing that we get both home and away incredibly highly. Our supporters are critical for us in what we are seeking to achieve both this season and beyond, so we hope that this gesture will be positively received and will result in a full away end at Brighton.”
    Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by empire View Post
      Shame the club didn't provide coaches up at reduced rate,many clubs to this, derby last week we're the last to do this
      Would be good, but given how much extra the club have already splashed out over budget to deal with the SASTA debacle it's understandable why they haven't.......
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy Stenno View Post
      Agreed. I've booked into the Premier Inn by the station for £61. Optional all you can eat breakfast is £8.99. Train booked (although pain the a*se return on the Saturday via Cambridge) for £13.80 each way. This is for Liverpool Street/Norwich so doesn't include getting up to London in the first place.
      I've booked in to the Holiday Inn at the stadium - a three minute stroll to The away end and breakfast thrown in for £76

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Winner of 2006 North Stand Chat Grand National Sweepstake

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spoonie View Post
      I'd say 1845 was unlikely
      My maths isn't great but assuming attendance at every away game since the Amex opened plus attendance of each cup game (average of three per cup for arguments sake) the total could only be around 1750.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BBassic View Post
      My maths isn't great but assuming attendance at every away game since the Amex opened plus attendance of each cup game (average of three per cup for arguments sake) the total could only be around 1750.
      Nope - waaay too high... see my earlier post...around 1550 tops....

EDIT: must have been a different thread. Here's the table again... I've assumed 2 home cup games a season and 1 away cup game (although I got the LP for each the wrong way around - but that makes only 10 LP difference)

Name:  00001.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  112.0 KB
      Last edited by Goldstone1976; 16-03-2017 at 17:29.
      6EQUJ5 2A
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I land at Heathrow at about 6.30 am on the Friday, hopefully that would give me enough time to get to Norwich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Daft Bint

Member of Mile Oak Mafia
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Already seen someone asking for tickets on Facebook...... Have people not heeded Barber's warning?

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clippedgull View Post
      As I have said previously, yes it's an inconvenience to some travelling fans. But I want the ability for tens of thousands of our fans to be able to see every one of our games and tv coverage offers that opportunity. Anyone who thinks otherwise is pretty selfish in my opinion.

TV companies will never think of the fans only their subscriber numbers and advertising revenue.

All football clubs have signed into the contract for the cash and they are as complicit as SKY,BT etc in putting the fans down the list of priorities re kick off movements.

But without TV, we wouldn't have the millions from them and the likes of American Express and the other advertisers to afford a team that is among the best in the division!
      Out of interest do you go to any away games, i dont really get your "some" fans might be inconvenienced. I would say 85% of our travelling support will be inconvenienced from a match changing from 3pm Saturday to 19.45 Friday.and it's them who are selfish
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter
      Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gazwag View Post
      Out of interest do you go to any away games, i dont really get your "some" fans might be inconvenienced. I would say 85% of our travelling support will be inconvenienced from a match changing from 3pm Saturday to 19.45 Friday.and it's them who are selfish
      No, I've done over 30+ years travelling following the Seagulls. I don't anymore. Let's be honest we all know it's unlikely that many 3pm games will be staying as such during a successful season, as has been proven both last season and this. Any change will benefit some and inconvenience others that's a given.

But it's good that thousands more fans are able to watch their team away than would otherwise. The majorityof fans benefit, the club sponsors benefit. Away fans granted don't benefit, but it would be good if the club recognised the extra costs incurred and somehow rewarded the away fans in some way. How? I'm not sure.
      Last edited by clippedgull; 17-03-2017 at 00:47.
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974
      WSU is my home

0 Not allowed!
      Holiday inn at carrow road booked for £90, seems perfect!

Whilst it was always inevitable it would not be saturday 3pm, doesnt make it any less frustrating having a few weeks to sort time off work, travel, hotel etc