Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by I remember the good times View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PROMOTION PARTY ON HOLD
    BHA now play Friday night, ahead yet again of Udders & Newc.
    This means that at 22:00 Friday 21st April, to gain promotion that night, we need to be 12 points ahead of Udders or 10 ahead of Newc (GD remaining as is).
    12 points put another way is us winning every game until then and Udders dropping 6 points.
    PROMOTION PARTY THAT NO-ONE GOES TO
    Right now it is very likely that we could be promoted without playing. A 9 point gap post Norwich would mean Udders having to win both their games prior to our Bristol game. And as the Bristol game will be moved, it may well be Udders play THREE without us playing.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Could well go to added on time at Villa, or beyond.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      Bitterne,Southampton, close to the M27 and 65 miles from the Temple of Bloom.

0 Not allowed!
      I just thought I would throw this into the mix - since the start of the season we have only played SIX Saturday home league matches that have kicked off at 3.00pm. What are the chances that Blackburn and Bristol City (in particular) kick off times will be changed?

Oh, and we've had FIVE Friday night home matches to contend with as well. The price of success I suppose.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      I just thought I would throw this into the mix - since the start of the season we have only played SIX Saturday home league matches that have kicked off at 3.00pm. What are the chances that Blackburn and Bristol City (in particular) kick off times will be changed?

Oh, and we've had FIVE Friday night home matches to contend with as well. The price of success I suppose.
      Blackburn NO chance.

Bristol City HIGH chance.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Optimist View Post
      I'm on a plane landing at 8.30pm so can't even watch it on TV. I just knew as I was booking the flight that this would happen. Looking ahead my partner wanted to book some theatre tickets for the weekend of the Bristol City home game, can't book the Saturday matinee as it clashes with the Brighton game, can't book Saturday evening in case the game moves to 5.30pm and can't book the Friday evening in case the game moves to then! Luckily she's a football fan so understands.
      I'm also on a plane, landing in Stansted at 6.30pm. I was planning to then stay with my mum in Cambridge, and saunter over there on Saturday.

Now, I've got to hope it's on Five Live.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post

Blackburn fixed at 3pm Saturday. Bristol City highly unlikely. Sky has to give 5 weeks' notice.
      Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhanutz View Post
      I totally disagree....Why can't they think of the fans that travel up and down the country every other week, supporting the team, the same faces week in week out! Would be nice for once that they thought about them! Fat Chance though!

Hate this part of modern football sooo much...
      As I have said previously, yes it's an inconvenience to some travelling fans. But I want the ability for tens of thousands of our fans to be able to see every one of our games and tv coverage offers that opportunity. Anyone who thinks otherwise is pretty selfish in my opinion.

TV companies will never think of the fans only their subscriber numbers and advertising revenue.

All football clubs have signed into the contract for the cash and they are as complicit as SKY,BT etc in putting the fans down the list of priorities re kick off movements.

But without TV, we wouldn't have the millions from them and the likes of American Express and the other advertisers to afford a team that is among the best in the division!
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974

1 Not allowed!
      I think the time has come where there should be a CAP on the number of times a club can have its fixtures altered by Sky.16+ times is absolutely ridiculous, and totally unfair on the fans. Well over a THIRD of our season has been pissed about with, invariably losing our Saturday 3pm's to cuffing Fridays or Mondays. Its a pile of shit.

Obviously money talks though. Sky own football now and can do whatever they want with it, so we just have to bend over and take it up the council.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Together (sometimes) Thunder Bolt's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Please read some of the posts on this thread. Then you might get it.
      I consider myself patted on the head.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      I think the time has come where there should be a CAP on the number of times a club can have its fixtures altered by Sky.16+ times is absolutely ridiculous, and totally unfair on the fans. Well over a THIRD of our season has been pissed about with, invariably losing our Saturday 3pm's to cuffing Fridays or Mondays. Its a pile of shit.

Obviously money talks though. Sky own football now and can do whatever they want with it, so we just have to bend over and take it up the council.
      I wonder what the additional cost incurred by fans across the season is as a result? And by this I mean, not being able to book advance trains so price goes up; having to change trains already booked; overnight stays etc etc. And that's just away games - if you've got a season ticket but can't do Fridays you've taken a hit as well.

0 Not allowed!
      Has anyone got any inside scoop as to when to expect (Norwich) tickets to be released?