Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicola Sturgeeon.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Doubt away as long as you like; although I'd call it denial.

Now - and be very clear about this - I do not say that all Scots are raging Anglophobes. But a fair few are, and your assertion that how they treat you depends on how you interact with them is rather naive. I'll give you an example of an overheard conversation. One Saturday afternoon, at a bus stop outside Woolworth's in a little Perthshire town - I was waiting for the wife and two respectable looking elderly ladies were standing at the bus stop.
"Bus is late again, then, hen?"
"Aye, 'tis. Ah blame they f.u.k.c.i.n' English".
I rest my case. The bus company at the time, incidentally, was the Scottish based firm Stagecoach...........

Have you posted that before?

el punal

it's a shame the rivalry is only one way these days

winning at Hampden back in the 70's was very sweet

it wouldn't mean much these days

Indeed it was! I remember England playing Scotland at Hampden Park just before Ally's tartan army would be Argentina bound for the 1978 World Cup. Triumphalism was the order of the day, they were going to stuff the English . . . except the boys in the white shirts ruined everything and won 1-0.

Now I was working in Scotland at the time and they did not like that one little bit, the result I mean! It didn't help that I had that smug, up yours look for the next few days - in fact, all through the World Cup with particular relish added after the Peru and Iran games. Lovely days! :cool:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My hope is Scotland gets independence if so desired (which it doesn't). But I want borders, Gibraltar style, repatriation inc their MPs, no rights to our waters, tax to use our roads etc and absolutely zero subsidies or help from the hated Westminster. Upon splitting, everyone gets to choose 1 passport. If you choose Scotland, you then have no more rights than another foreigner now we're leaving Europe. Basically I don't want some cosy cake and eat relationship after they've destroyed the Union. Out means Out. Same as Brexit. Whinging has reached epidemic levels in British politics and it's infecting the electorate too. We desperately need some strong leadership able to make tough decisions but most importantly conjure up a plan that isn't subject to checking every public whim before being carried out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My hope is Scotland gets independence if so desired (which it doesn't). But I want borders, Gibraltar style, repatriation inc their MPs, no rights to our waters, tax to use our roads etc and absolutely zero subsidies or help from the hated Westminster. Upon splitting, everyone gets to choose 1 passport. If you choose Scotland, you then have no more rights than another foreigner now we're leaving Europe. Basically I don't want some cosy cake and eat relationship after they've destroyed the Union. Out means Out. Same as Brexit. Whinging has reached epidemic levels in British politics and it's infecting the electorate too. We desperately need some strong leadership able to make tough decisions but most importantly conjure up a plan that isn't subject to checking every public whim before being carried out.

100% this...........in or out, not 'independence but keep the bits we like' (or need, because otherwise the country will be bankrupt in the blink of an eye)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What happened to Scotland the Brave?
It took part in a referendum in 2006, and as is the Scottish tradition with referendums - it lost!

(In a poll to decide the official unofficial Scottish National Anthem to be bawled out at football matches it was comprehensively beaten by the even more xenophobic Flower of Scotland).

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sadly no better or worse than GSTQ which like FoS is something of a dirge.

Scotland could have done better and we (The English) should !

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
An Israeli doctor said, "In Israel, medicine is so advanced that we cut off a man's balls, put them on another man, and in 6 weeks, he is looking for work."

The German doctor said, "That's nothing, in Germany we take part of a brain, put it in another man and in 4 weeks he is looking for work."

The Russian doctor said, "Gentlemen, we take half a heart from a man, put it in another man's chest and in 2 weeks he is looking for work."

The Scottish doctor just laughed and commented, "You are all way behind us. Thirteen months ago, we took a woman with no brains, no heart, and no balls and made her first minister of Scotland. Now, the whole of Scotland is looking for work.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
The frumpy woman needs a full English to see what she'd be missing! She wants a divorce from the UK to become independent, then wants to jump straight into bed with Europe!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
An Israeli doctor said, "In Israel, medicine is so advanced that we cut off a man's balls, put them on another man, and in 6 weeks, he is looking for work."

The German doctor said, "That's nothing, in Germany we take part of a brain, put it in another man and in 4 weeks he is looking for work."

The Russian doctor said, "Gentlemen, we take half a heart from a man, put it in another man's chest and in 2 weeks he is looking for work."

The Scottish doctor just laughed and commented, "You are all way behind us. Thirteen months ago, we took a woman with no brains, no heart, and no balls and made her first minister of Scotland. Now, the whole of Scotland is looking for work.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
hqdefault.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports