Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Some pretty unpleasant sexist comments on here. but that's no surprise I guess.

I admire Nicola Sturgeon. I think she's playing a brave, and clever, game and the Tory's are rattled to put it mildly (as can be seen by the desperate hatchet jobs running in the right wing press). If only Labour had a leadership as effective.

Scotland would be fine outside the UK, just as we will be fine outside the EU. What will f*ck us up will be the policy decisions our government takes, not whether we are inside or outside the UK and I can fiully understand why the Scots may decide they'd rather have those decisions taken by a Scottish government rather than a UK one. I would bet on them winning an independence vote.

And this not about 're-running' the referendum. This is now a vote whether to try and stay in the EU, not about whether to leave the UK. Totally different question. I guess it's the arrogance of the English that assumes it's all about us though.

From where I sit I would like Scotland to stay in the UK. But if I was Scottish I would be strongly inclined to vote for independence.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GJN1 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      But, given the current lack of consultation, they'll be outcomes that Scotland won't have had an opportunity to even help shape in the first place
      Same as the rest of us then. London (like Brighton) voted to remain in the EU, and there are more people in London than in Scotland, but they're being dragged out against their wishes, so presumably they should get independence too?
      Mattress shopping

0 Not allowed!
      So there's the vile nonsense spouted on here and within the media about how crap Scotland is with a persistent "them and us" perspective.

And then people wonder why "they" keep talking about independence.....
      Because I'm bored, it's funny, and I hate you. There you are, the holy trinity of "why?"
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JCL666 View Post
      So there's the vile nonsense spouted on here and within the media about how crap Scotland is with a persistent "them and us" perspective.

Please.... nobody says anything of the sort until they start banging on about nasty Westminster this and that..... once AS and NS start their anti English rhetoric... then and only then does the vitriol start flowing in the northward direction.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Couple of good'uns from my Scottish cousin-not everybody up there loves her:

Name:  wee jimmy.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  332.5 KB

Name:  krankie.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  208.4 KB
      'But above all,at the heart of Corbin's cake policy,is that you have a right to eat someone else's'.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Thing is like Brexit, the papers are doing the usual scaremongering tactics should Scotland leave. If they also keep attacking sturgeon It could have the reverse effect. It's what drove a lot of people to brexit, including myself.
      Aberystwyth Town FC ATFC Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maltaseagull View Post
      I like jokes, just not shit ones that don't actually make any sense.
      Founding member of the Brighton and Hove Albion - Republic of Ireland Supporter's Club: COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!!
      "You can't talk to the sheep - he's a liar!"

8 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JCL666 View Post

oh do me a favour , any anti Scottish rhetoric is simply a response to years and years of snide anti English comments and sentiment from the scots (and Welsh) I can remember as a kid always supporting Scots and Welsh teams against anyone other than England, not anymore , I'm sick to the back teeth of scots and Welsh people thinking they can tell me how they happily support "anyone but England" and I'm supposed to laugh politely , the English that DO laugh politely make me sick , any jock or taff making snide comments to me is asked why they don't fvck off back to where they come from , in short order.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
      Some pretty unpleasant sexist comments on here. but that's no surprise I guess.

I admire Nicola Sturgeon. I think she's playing a brave, and clever, game and the Tory's are rattled to put it mildly (as can be seen by the desperate hatchet jobs running in the right wing press). If only Labour had a leadership as effective.

Scotland would be fine outside the UK, just as we will be fine outside the EU. What will f*ck us up will be the policy decisions our government takes, not whether we are inside or outside the UK and I can fiully understand why the Scots may decide they'd rather have those decisions taken by a Scottish government rather than a UK one. I would bet on them winning an independence vote.

And this not about 're-running' the referendum. This is now a vote whether to try and stay in the EU, not about whether to leave the UK. Totally different question. I guess it's the arrogance of the English that assumes it's all about us though.

From where I sit I would like Scotland to stay in the UK. But if I was Scottish I would be strongly inclined to vote for independence.
      How the f@@k is she being brave? She has a loud voice but represents a very small minority in the UK. If her cleverness had gained independence the last time Scotland would now be absolutely screwed and having Greece style bail outs. Scotland is a tiny tiny country and offers very little. The last time they had independence they bankrupt themselves, history could repeat itself and this time when they come running over the hills in their skirts we'll tell to f@@k off.

Big plus point BBC will not have to announce the park football results that is the Scottish leagues and believe anyone gives a shite. They don't.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      The SNP wants independence from the UK because it will no longer part of the EU?

So it would rather join the Euro and 28 other countries dominated by Germany/France making the decisions in what may eventually become the ' united states of Europe'

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.