Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue'n'white View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK the stupid woman wants another referendum because she didn't win - just say for argument's sake that she gets one and just say that she wins - surely the people that voted to stay in the Union would then have a case to demand a third referendum just to put their case again. And so it would go on ad infinitum. Or is it "We're going to go on till I win and then we'll stop" ?
    You don't like the result of the first referendum - hard luck. Much like the Brexit one
    You lost me at 'stupid woman'. She's far from that.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GJN1 View Post
      And I doubt he'd start with 'OK the stupid man' when referring to a male politician.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GJN1 View Post
      gender irrelevant, i'd call her stupid, she's setup a lose/lose scenario. if she loses the indy referendum the issue is dead and probably her political career too. if she wins, Scotland would be out of the EU anyway, along with her political career when this dawns on the Scots*. and we could have a better deal than she expect, or possibly even still in with extending negotiations.

to come out on top she has to first win then second hope some sort of fast track, rule bending membership application is delivered by the EU in 2-4 years, and no one black balls the application.

*the Scots are more savvy than this, they'll see the problem immediately and vote to stay in the union.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      ( . ) ( . )
      Struggling for breath at the top of the stairs

0 Not allowed!
      Name:  none-david_cameron-general_election-scottish_national_party-tory-conservatives-mkan991_low.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  36.2 KB
      I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own,

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albumen View Post
      And I doubt he'd start with 'OK the stupid man' when referring to a male politician.
      Actually he would !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We learned more from a three minute record baby than we ever learned in school

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      gender irrelevant, i'd call her stupid, she's setup a lose/lose scenario. if she loses the indy referendum the issue is dead and probably her political career too. if she wins, Scotland would be out of the EU anyway, along with her political career when this dawns on the Scots*. and we could have a better deal than she expect, or possibly even still in with extending negotiations.

to come out on top she has to first win then second hope some sort of fast track, rule bending membership application is delivered by the EU in 2-4 years, and no one black balls the application.

*the Scots are more savvy than this, they'll see the problem immediately and vote to stay in the union.
      But what do you expect her to do? Really? Sit quietly by and continue to be told what to do by Westminster? That would be a dereliction of her duty as FM. Besides, nearly all of the arguments that Theresa May is advancing for Brexit are precisely the ones that Nicola Sturgeon can use for independence too.

0 Not allowed!
      https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...nce-fresh-poll

Nicola Sturgeon has suffered a blow after a new poll found the majority of Scots are in favour of remaining in the United Kingdom.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...nce-fresh-poll

Nicola Sturgeon has suffered a blow after a new poll found the majority of Scots are in favour of remaining in the United Kingdom.
      I would merge these two threads... but it might get a bit messy....

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...=1#post7844060

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by withdeanwombat View Post
      And surely if Scotland leaves the Union, the post Brexit rump of the UK will be seeking a free trade deal with Scotland?
      No, they'll be seeking a free trade deal with us, and we'll make them pay for it.
      There's been an eruption

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albumen View Post
      Putting words into the mouths of others or not as the case maybe, how unlike you?
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals