Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicola Sturgeeon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But what do you expect her to do? Really? Sit quietly by and continue to be told what to do by Westminster? That would be a dereliction of her duty as FM.
I expect her to do her best for Scotland, and that's not independence.

Besides, nearly all of the arguments that Theresa May is advancing for Brexit are precisely the ones that Nicola Sturgeon can use for independence too.
May didn't campaign for Brexit, she's now doing her best with the decision she was given. And the arguments she has is about the strength of the UK economy, and how it can succeed independently from the EU, do not apply to Scotland, whose economy is shit.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I expect her to do her best for Scotland, and that's not independence.

Who says it isn't? And who says Brexit really is the best for the UK? We're dealing in gargantuan unknowns on both sides of the border. Nobody knows, least of all the UK government it seems...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Me. And the Scottish voters. Seriously, they'd be ****ed if they went independent. They need us to pay for them.

All bets are off at the moment. Anything and everything is up for grabs, irrespective of which side of the debate you're on.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But what do you expect her to do? Really?

at least wait until the shape of Brexit is formed. she has run off with the assumption that we are going to have a full bore hard brexit (which is not the target scenario, its a fallback position), and if she wins Scotland will have full bore exit from the EU. at this stage with what we know and likely outcomes, theres more chance of Brexit being cancelled than Scotland leaving the union and going straight to EU

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
at least wait until the shape of Brexit is formed. she has run off with the assumption that we are going to have a full bore hard brexit (which is not the target scenario, its a fallback position), and if she wins Scotland will have full bore exit from the EU. at this stage with what we know and likely outcomes, theres more chance of Brexit being cancelled than Scotland leaving the union and going straight to EU

But, given the current lack of consultation, they'll be outcomes that Scotland won't have had an opportunity to even help shape in the first place???

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Some pretty unpleasant sexist comments on here. but that's no surprise I guess.

I admire Nicola Sturgeon. I think she's playing a brave, and clever, game and the Tory's are rattled to put it mildly (as can be seen by the desperate hatchet jobs running in the right wing press). If only Labour had a leadership as effective.

Scotland would be fine outside the UK, just as we will be fine outside the EU. What will f*ck us up will be the policy decisions our government takes, not whether we are inside or outside the UK and I can fiully understand why the Scots may decide they'd rather have those decisions taken by a Scottish government rather than a UK one. I would bet on them winning an independence vote.

And this not about 're-running' the referendum. This is now a vote whether to try and stay in the EU, not about whether to leave the UK. Totally different question. I guess it's the arrogance of the English that assumes it's all about us though.

From where I sit I would like Scotland to stay in the UK. But if I was Scottish I would be strongly inclined to vote for independence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But, given the current lack of consultation, they'll be outcomes that Scotland won't have had an opportunity to even help shape in the first place???
Same as the rest of us then. London (like Brighton) voted to remain in the EU, and there are more people in London than in Scotland, but they're being dragged out against their wishes, so presumably they should get independence too?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
So there's the vile nonsense spouted on here and within the media about how crap Scotland is with a persistent "them and us" perspective.

And then people wonder why "they" keep talking about independence.....

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
So there's the vile nonsense spouted on here and within the media about how crap Scotland is with a persistent "them and us" perspective.

Please.... nobody says anything of the sort until they start banging on about nasty Westminster this and that..... once AS and NS start their anti English rhetoric... then and only then does the vitriol start flowing in the northward direction.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Couple of good'uns from my Scottish cousin-not everybody up there loves her:

wee jimmy.jpg

krankie.jpg

D

Deleted member 22389

Thing is like Brexit, the papers are doing the usual scaremongering tactics should Scotland leave. If they also keep attacking sturgeon It could have the reverse effect. It's what drove a lot of people to brexit, including myself.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

oh do me a favour , any anti Scottish rhetoric is simply a response to years and years of snide anti English comments and sentiment from the scots (and Welsh) I can remember as a kid always supporting Scots and Welsh teams against anyone other than England, not anymore , I'm sick to the back teeth of scots and Welsh people thinking they can tell me how they happily support "anyone but England" and I'm supposed to laugh politely , the English that DO laugh politely make me sick , any jock or taff making snide comments to me is asked why they don't fvck off back to where they come from , in short order.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Some pretty unpleasant sexist comments on here. but that's no surprise I guess.

I admire Nicola Sturgeon. I think she's playing a brave, and clever, game and the Tory's are rattled to put it mildly (as can be seen by the desperate hatchet jobs running in the right wing press). If only Labour had a leadership as effective.

Scotland would be fine outside the UK, just as we will be fine outside the EU. What will f*ck us up will be the policy decisions our government takes, not whether we are inside or outside the UK and I can fiully understand why the Scots may decide they'd rather have those decisions taken by a Scottish government rather than a UK one. I would bet on them winning an independence vote.

And this not about 're-running' the referendum. This is now a vote whether to try and stay in the EU, not about whether to leave the UK. Totally different question. I guess it's the arrogance of the English that assumes it's all about us though.

From where I sit I would like Scotland to stay in the UK. But if I was Scottish I would be strongly inclined to vote for independence.

How the f@@k is she being brave? She has a loud voice but represents a very small minority in the UK. If her cleverness had gained independence the last time Scotland would now be absolutely screwed and having Greece style bail outs. Scotland is a tiny tiny country and offers very little. The last time they had independence they bankrupt themselves, history could repeat itself and this time when they come running over the hills in their skirts we'll tell to f@@k off.

Big plus point BBC will not have to announce the park football results that is the Scottish leagues and believe anyone gives a shite. They don't.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The SNP wants independence from the UK because it will no longer part of the EU?

So it would rather join the Euro and 28 other countries dominated by Germany/France making the decisions in what may eventually become the ' united states of Europe'

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here