Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicola Sturgeeon.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Everything depends on how the Brexit talks go and whether, against the Spanish odds, she can get a promise from the EU.

It's a long shot for sure, but she has my support this time round, as does Ms O'Neill. My views changed on June 24.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Who will PAY for the WALL ?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
OK the stupid woman wants another referendum because she didn't win - just say for argument's sake that she gets one and just say that she wins - surely the people that voted to stay in the Union would then have a case to demand a third referendum just to put their case again. And so it would go on ad infinitum. Or is it "We're going to go on till I win and then we'll stop" ?
You don't like the result of the first referendum - hard luck. Much like the Brexit one

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Nicola Sturgeon as a young man 17353335_1492096050824060_2571989963625678244_n.jpg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
do we have to start censoring Lewis Caroll too? are any idioms with possible link to real events now to be struck from usage?

You see nothing wrong with the headline? Nothing at all? Calling the FM of Scotland treacherous is fine?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Her party’s manifesto for the last Scottish election gives her an evident mandate: it would hold another referendum “if there is a significant and material change in the circumstances that prevailed in 2014, such as Scotland being taken out of the EU against our will”.

I'm not sure anyone saying she shouldn't has an argument. As an article put it today, the UK is being dragged under and it's time for Scotland to cut the rope.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Her party’s manifesto for the last Scottish election gives her an evident mandate: it would hold another referendum “if there is a significant and material change in the circumstances that prevailed in 2014, such as Scotland being taken out of the EU against our will”.

I'm not sure anyone saying she shouldn't has an argument. As an article put it today, the UK is being dragged under and it's time for Scotland to cut the rope.

She may well have a mandate... but she doesn't have the authority to deliver it.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
OK the stupid woman wants another referendum because she didn't win - just say for argument's sake that she gets one and just say that she wins - surely the people that voted to stay in the Union would then have a case to demand a third referendum just to put their case again. And so it would go on ad infinitum. Or is it "We're going to go on till I win and then we'll stop" ?
You don't like the result of the first referendum - hard luck. Much like the Brexit one
You lost me at 'stupid woman'. She's far from that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You lost me at 'stupid woman'. She's far from that.

gender irrelevant, i'd call her stupid, she's setup a lose/lose scenario. if she loses the indy referendum the issue is dead and probably her political career too. if she wins, Scotland would be out of the EU anyway, along with her political career when this dawns on the Scots*. and we could have a better deal than she expect, or possibly even still in with extending negotiations.

to come out on top she has to first win then second hope some sort of fast track, rule bending membership application is delivered by the EU in 2-4 years, and no one black balls the application.

*the Scots are more savvy than this, they'll see the problem immediately and vote to stay in the union.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
gender irrelevant, i'd call her stupid, she's setup a lose/lose scenario. if she loses the indy referendum the issue is dead and probably her political career too. if she wins, Scotland would be out of the EU anyway, along with her political career when this dawns on the Scots*. and we could have a better deal than she expect, or possibly even still in with extending negotiations.

to come out on top she has to first win then second hope some sort of fast track, rule bending membership application is delivered by the EU in 2-4 years, and no one black balls the application.

*the Scots are more savvy than this, they'll see the problem immediately and vote to stay in the union.

But what do you expect her to do? Really? Sit quietly by and continue to be told what to do by Westminster? That would be a dereliction of her duty as FM. Besides, nearly all of the arguments that Theresa May is advancing for Brexit are precisely the ones that Nicola Sturgeon can use for independence too.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here