Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I'm in a unique situation for a manager because I'm not bothered if I get the sack"

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
He is a PHENOMENAL manager for any struggling championship team. I wouldn't want him here but have to give the bloke his due.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Colin is superb at pushing you over and then picking you up, dusting you off and convincing you that you fell over and you owe him something for him helping you. A perfect old school heel WWF manager.

Plays the humble-me card brilliantly as well. Remember when he said that Diouf should be sacked as a player after he broke Mackie's leg (Warnock was managing QPR at the time)? How he dealt with the press when he signed him for Leeds would have shamed/delighted many a politician.

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
If you want pretty football, Warnock is not your man. He might keep you up, or even get you up, but I've never seen his philosophy as long term. I plan to read his book all the same.

Was there anything in the pay to play rumours?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Neil Warnock recently signed a contract extension to stay as Bluebirds' manager until the end of 2017-18, but is confident about his position because of a lack of managerial talent elsewhere.

"I'm in a unique situation for a manager because I'm not bothered if I get the sack - they can sack me tomorrow if they want," he said.

"If I want another job, I can get another job. That's not being conceited, I just don't see many good managers around.

"There used to be hundreds, you could name them all but the Championship is not like any other league."

I see nothing wrong with that statement, apart from, maybe, saying it yourself. I doubt he needs the money either if he can't get a job.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
I've not seen the whole interview so have no idea if these quotes were taken out of context but he is what he is. I have just finished his book which I enjoyed and he admits that he has problems dealing with highly paid players.Not his style. I believe that he has got more promotions on his record than sackings.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Shows how much he values his current position.

:lolol:

Sack me, I'm not bothered I'll get another job.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock says he did not consider Wigan Athletic to be a "threat" once they appointed Warren Joyce as manager in November.
Former Manchester United Under-21 boss Joyce was sacked on Monday after only four months in charge of the Latics. Warnock's side are currently 13th in the Championship but were a point above the drop zone, and Wigan, in 21st when Joyce took charge.

"No disrespect but when Wigan appointed him, I was delighted," Warnock said. "I didn't think they were going to be a threat to us. I like Warren but you can't just put someone into the Championship who's never been there. It's nothing like youth football."

Wankchops.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He clearly wins over dressing rooms really easily and at his age just manages for fun. What I am curious about is what happened to his eyebrows, and where they once were, they have left a skin impressions that look like eyebrows? Is his other job a drag artist and has he over plucked?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here