Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody Else Getting Just A Wee Bit Bored Of Pop Tart Ed Sheeran?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
.There's no celeb culture. There's no artists being selected based on their looks (Ringo). It's all about the music in the electronic scene and it's getting massive. Creative, individual musical talent has never been stronger. We are in the golden era of new music.

:lolol: Stop it.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Like most real, organic, unmanufactured talents, poor old ES has been put through the industry mincer and come out bland as f***, MOR wallpaper music for hairdressers and wedding receptions. He's now in the realm of 'dad dancing' cringyness along with James Blunt who's only claim to fame IMO is replacing James Hunt in cockney rhyming slang, best thing he ever did, the whining toss.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It is silly how a few people on here are taking Ed Sheeran as completely representative of all music being made today because it's the most popular and therefore dismissing all modern music as rubbish, stale, bland..etc...etc. If that's the case then given that Jive Bunny was the best-selling artist of the late 80s then all music around then must also have been very crap with no discernible decent music being made.

I do love as well how people with absolutely no interest in listening to new music pontificate sagely on how little decent new music is being made because they've heard a track or two on a radio station whose target audience is people like them. The music scene is in very rude health, there's tons of talented musicians especially from the UK who are making all sorts of great tunes and anyone who claims differently is a)talking out of their arse and b) not even trying to look in the right places for it.

In short, you've become your parents - moaning that things weren't as good as your day. You're the ones who have become stale and boring.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It is silly how a few people on here are taking Ed Sheeran as completely representative of all music being made today because it's the most popular and therefore dismissing all modern music as rubbish, stale, bland..etc...etc. If that's the case then given that Jive Bunny was the best-selling artist of the late 80s then all music around then must also have been very crap with no discernible decent music being made.

I do love as well how people with absolutely no interest in listening to new music pontificate sagely on how little decent new music is being made because they've heard a track or two on a radio station whose target audience is people like them. The music scene is in very rude health, there's tons of talented musicians especially from the UK who are making all sorts of great tunes and anyone who claims differently is a)talking out of their arse and b) not even trying to look in the right places for it.

In short, you've become your parents - moaning that things weren't as good as your day. You're the ones who have become stale and boring.

How can you say this when someone has proved otherwise beyond all reasonable doubt with 2 YouTube clips? :shrug:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I love the bloke, he as more talent in his left little toe nail then all of us on this thread combined.

I think jealousy is too many people's problem.

Just my opinion.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I love the bloke, he as more talent in his left little toe nail then all of us on this thread combined.

I think jealousy is too many people's problem.

Just my opinion.

Also really like his music. If you truly dislike his music think you should just not listen to it rather than slag him off.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I agree with what you've said there.

I find his music mostly boring, but some of it is ok. Where he's gone wrong is adding a rap element to it, and just like any other big pop puppet these days, he collaborates with some rapper, both on stage, and on a single. It just the buissness trying to cash in on both markets, but it's quite sickening. Could you imagine proper artists/bands with self respect doing that?

Seeing him everywhere is beginning to grate. Eventually members of the public will actually believe that he's the dogs. I bet any major record company could do the same with someone similar and it would have the same effect, it just happens to be that he's the one who has been chosen, probably because he ticks a lot of boxes. It's all about victim hood these days, so the public lap up the idea that he was probably bullied at school for being ginger and being a beta.

Fair play to the bloke though, he's got what he wants, but he's probably to stupid to see what he's become.

What, like Elton John? Collborating with a dead Tupac and also did some live stuff with Chipmunk when Chipmunk covered/sampled Tiny Dancer.

If you had any idea what you were talking about, you would be aware that before breaking through, Ed Sheeran released two EP's of Collaborations which featured a number of up and coming British rappers. He did a lot of production back then as well.

Why can't people just go "not my cup of tea" rather than trying to argue that something they don't like is actually shit. Annoys the f**k out of me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But don't mention this to those in Norfolk, because many are ADAMANT he's from Norfolk, not Suffolk.

Well the Norfolk/Suffolk border is a wild frontier . . . .

adam ant.jpeg

:wink:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Like most real, organic, unmanufactured talents, poor old ES has been put through the industry mincer and come out bland as f***, MOR wallpaper music for hairdressers and wedding receptions. He's now in the realm of 'dad dancing' cringyness along with James Blunt who's only claim to fame IMO is replacing James Hunt in cockney rhyming slang, best thing he ever did, the whining toss.

:lol: :thumbsup:

I thought I was the only cynic who thought Blunt was crap. Media darling.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

This is 100% correct. I'm no expert on new music but just listening to 6music, it makes you realise how much bloody brilliant stuff there is about.

Also, the way that young people access music now actually means that loads of them get into more diverse stuff than just "what's in the charts" and often listen to a lot of older music too.

It's all changed, but not all for the worse. The Adele, Coldplay, Sheeran sales are probably more fuelled by the same people who've always liked bland MOR stuff than the younger generation.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I hate SOAPS. They are RUBBISH. Middle of the road, overhyped in the media and not anything like they were in the OLD DAYS. All modern TV is GASH.

Just for comparison, like :jester:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I am no Sheehan fan particularly and the current exposure is slight overkill but the guy is clearly talented. I would rather have him on my radio and tv than 99% of all the other talentless, fame seeking, reality tv no marks that we are subjected to 24/7.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here