Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 98
  1. #81

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .There's no celeb culture. There's no artists being selected based on their looks (Ringo). It's all about the music in the electronic scene and it's getting massive. Creative, individual musical talent has never been stronger. We are in the golden era of new music.
    Stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Grimble View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reckon you are one of the most predictable users on this board

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #82
      Gone Wrong Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Brighton Pavilion, Greenland
      Posts
      49,866


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We are in the golden era of new music.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
    • #83
      Registered loser Megazone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      4,192


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Stop it.
      Why is that funny?

      I'm assuming you're still listening to music from 40 years ago?

      Modern rubbish music:



      When music was great:

    • #84
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      Nr Lewes
      Posts
      679


      1 Not allowed!
      Like most real, organic, unmanufactured talents, poor old ES has been put through the industry mincer and come out bland as f***, MOR wallpaper music for hairdressers and wedding receptions. He's now in the realm of 'dad dancing' cringyness along with James Blunt who's only claim to fame IMO is replacing James Hunt in cockney rhyming slang, best thing he ever did, the whining toss.
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........
    • #85

      2 Not allowed!
      It is silly how a few people on here are taking Ed Sheeran as completely representative of all music being made today because it's the most popular and therefore dismissing all modern music as rubbish, stale, bland..etc...etc. If that's the case then given that Jive Bunny was the best-selling artist of the late 80s then all music around then must also have been very crap with no discernible decent music being made.

      I do love as well how people with absolutely no interest in listening to new music pontificate sagely on how little decent new music is being made because they've heard a track or two on a radio station whose target audience is people like them. The music scene is in very rude health, there's tons of talented musicians especially from the UK who are making all sorts of great tunes and anyone who claims differently is a)talking out of their arse and b) not even trying to look in the right places for it.

      In short, you've become your parents - moaning that things weren't as good as your day. You're the ones who have become stale and boring.
      My music blog: de-minimis music
    • #86
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      14,525


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It is silly how a few people on here are taking Ed Sheeran as completely representative of all music being made today because it's the most popular and therefore dismissing all modern music as rubbish, stale, bland..etc...etc. If that's the case then given that Jive Bunny was the best-selling artist of the late 80s then all music around then must also have been very crap with no discernible decent music being made.

      I do love as well how people with absolutely no interest in listening to new music pontificate sagely on how little decent new music is being made because they've heard a track or two on a radio station whose target audience is people like them. The music scene is in very rude health, there's tons of talented musicians especially from the UK who are making all sorts of great tunes and anyone who claims differently is a)talking out of their arse and b) not even trying to look in the right places for it.

      In short, you've become your parents - moaning that things weren't as good as your day. You're the ones who have become stale and boring.
      How can you say this when someone has proved otherwise beyond all reasonable doubt with 2 YouTube clips?
    • #87
      Registered loser Megazone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      4,192


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How can you say this when someone has proved otherwise beyond all reasonable doubt with 2 YouTube clips?
      Don't make me post an Enya song.
    • #88
      Members dadams2k11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      1,932


      1 Not allowed!
      I love the bloke, he as more talent in his left little toe nail then all of us on this thread combined.

      I think jealousy is too many people's problem.

      Just my opinion.
    • #89

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dadams2k11 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I love the bloke, he as more talent in his left little toe nail then all of us on this thread combined.

      I think jealousy is too many people's problem.

      Just my opinion.
      Also really like his music. If you truly dislike his music think you should just not listen to it rather than slag him off.
      Tony Bloom's Blue and White army!
      "Selling Kayal now would be the equivalent of winning star baker every week during weeks 1-5 of Bake Off before turning up pissed on week 6, slapping Mary Berry on the arse, hurling racist insults at Paul Hollywood and offering Mel and Sue a threes up. It would be the end of our season."
    • #90
      Who is Kaiser Soze??
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Posts
      1,084


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BeHereNow View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I agree with what you've said there.

      I find his music mostly boring, but some of it is ok. Where he's gone wrong is adding a rap element to it, and just like any other big pop puppet these days, he collaborates with some rapper, both on stage, and on a single. It just the buissness trying to cash in on both markets, but it's quite sickening. Could you imagine proper artists/bands with self respect doing that?

      Seeing him everywhere is beginning to grate. Eventually members of the public will actually believe that he's the dogs. I bet any major record company could do the same with someone similar and it would have the same effect, it just happens to be that he's the one who has been chosen, probably because he ticks a lot of boxes. It's all about victim hood these days, so the public lap up the idea that he was probably bullied at school for being ginger and being a beta.

      Fair play to the bloke though, he's got what he wants, but he's probably to stupid to see what he's become.
      What, like Elton John? Collborating with a dead Tupac and also did some live stuff with Chipmunk when Chipmunk covered/sampled Tiny Dancer.

      If you had any idea what you were talking about, you would be aware that before breaking through, Ed Sheeran released two EP's of Collaborations which featured a number of up and coming British rappers. He did a lot of production back then as well.

      Why can't people just go "not my cup of tea" rather than trying to argue that something they don't like is actually shit. Annoys the f**k out of me.
      "Work is the curse of the drinking classes" Oscar Wilde

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •