3 Not allowed!
    He was okay in the Harry Potter films.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Muslamic Infidel

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I have heard of him, but have never heard him. One of the advantages of never listening to radio 1 and never watching the sort of tellybox programmes the Ed probably appears on - I'm guessing now: Pebble Mill at One; Ant and Dec; The Des O'Connor show; Magpie; the Lottery programme?

I
      Pebble Mill at One would never lower themselves to Ed Sheeran, they are the home of the proper singer like Paul Shane.

Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I agree with what you've said there.

I find his music mostly boring, but some of it is ok. Where he's gone wrong is adding a rap element to it, and just like any other big pop puppet these days, he collaborates with some rapper, both on stage, and on a single. It just the buissness trying to cash in on both markets, but it's quite sickening. Could you imagine proper artists/bands with self respect doing that?

Seeing him everywhere is beginning to grate. Eventually members of the public will actually believe that he's the dogs. I bet any major record company could do the same with someone similar and it would have the same effect, it just happens to be that he's the one who has been chosen, probably because he ticks a lot of boxes. It's all about victim hood these days, so the public lap up the idea that he was probably bullied at school for being ginger and being a beta.

Fair play to the bloke though, he's got what he wants, but he's probably to stupid to see what he's become.
      People always seem to think I'm lazy. I don't mind, I think they're crazy.

0 Not allowed!
      My wife and daughter insist on playing his shite in my wife's car (I'm allowed R5L in mine).

Middle of the road shite. This generation's Elton John.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      I have heard of him, but have never heard him. One of the advantages of never listening to radio 1 and never watching the sort of tellybox programmes the Ed probably appears on - I'm guessing now: Pebble Mill at One; Ant and Dec; The Des O'Connor show; Magpie; the Lottery programme?

I
      Radio 1 is terrible these days, it's all geared towards a London audience.
      People always seem to think I'm lazy. I don't mind, I think they're crazy.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BeHereNow View Post
      Radio 1 is terrible these days, it's all geared towards a London audience.
      Apart from the weekday ten to midnight slot in the 70s, and the later rearrangements (Peel show etc) it has always been a horrorfest of smashy and nicey, assorted other egotesticles, hairy corflakes, and the twisted brain-wrong of one-off man-mentals.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit Barrel View Post
      He currently has 16 songs in the top 20 on the charts. This would indicate that a lot of people don't find him annoying.
      Being signed to Warner Brothers probably helps (Asylum Records)

WB know how to get their own way when it comes to money! They have clearly seen his Album as a cash cow and I very much doubt he would have 2 or 3 in the top 20 if it wasn't for them. 16 hits in the top 20 is just ridiculous... He's a decent enough singer, but not that good!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BeHereNow View Post
      I agree with what you've said there.

I find his music mostly boring, but some of it is ok. Where he's gone wrong is adding a rap element to it, and just like any other big pop puppet these days, he collaborates with some rapper, both on stage, and on a single. It just the buissness trying to cash in on both markets, but it's quite sickening. Could you imagine proper artists/bands with self respect doing that?

Seeing him everywhere is beginning to grate. Eventually members of the public will actually believe that he's the dogs. I bet any major record company could do the same with someone similar and it would have the same effect, it just happens to be that he's the one who has been chosen, probably because he ticks a lot of boxes. It's all about victim hood these days, so the public lap up the idea that he was probably bullied at school for being ginger and being a beta.

Fair play to the bloke though, he's got what he wants, but he's probably to stupid to see what he's become.
      To be fair to him, it's not like he's just added rapping to his music. Loads of his older, much better music was a lot more rappy. He's actually very good at it. Exhibit A:

I'm not a fan of a lot of his new, more commersialised stuff but but I can't understand the hate for him. He's a genuinely nice and immensely talented bloke.

0 Not allowed!
      More so of Ellie Goulding. I just don't get her at all. At least Sheeran is talented.

0 Not allowed!
      Who ?
      PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"