Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit Barrel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He currently has 16 songs in the top 20 on the charts. This would indicate that a lot of people don't find him annoying.
    Do people actually go into shops and buy records anymore or is downloads and more to the point that actually proves there is actually feck all out there interesting rather than how talented he is....

Contrived music industry bollox, same old same old.
    PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BeHereNow View Post
      Radio 1 is terrible these days, it's all geared towards a London audience.
      Radio 2 is where it's at - played "Black Dog" at 7:20am last week and this week i think i heard that that the record of the week is the latest from Deep Purple!
      By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!

0 Not allowed!
      Can't name a single one of his songs. Nice bloke I hear but appears to epitomise how everything has gone - absolute saturation and domination by a tiny minority who have such control they can squeeze out so called competition. I genuienly feel sorry for yoof today when it comes to music. Not nearly as exciting as growing up and discovering in 50s-90s. Still great music being made but as a fan there's now no shops, top 40 chart show, real surprises, NME and most of all no TDK A90 tapes! Anyway, you know what I mean. Hunting to find a record was quite exciting before going home to play or listen with your friends. Now, click download and listen in isolation on your smart phone headphones...zzzzz. And there was no ticketmaster so you could actually get to see bands without paying an absolute fortune because some Bot sucked up 20,000 before you can select which concert date you want. Nah, music today is quite a sterile affair. Christ, you don't even own it digitally once purchased.
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit Barrel View Post
      He currently has 16 songs in the top 20 on the charts. This would indicate that a lot of people don't find him annoying.
      that actually means **** all with todays marketing power/control. The ridiculousness of it should be enough for anyone with an ounce of sense to see that. Come on BB, you're better than that. Next you'll be saying Bewitched were amazing simply because they had more no.1's than the Beatles (but a 1000th of the sales). Diana's death showed how easy it is to control music, it was the late nineties when the marketeers took control and music died to a large extent.
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      This is on course to surpass the Johnathan Calleri thread

0 Not allowed!
      Not my cup of tea, a bit 'one song', if you know what I mean, but he is obviously a success and has a following, so good for him.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.

0 Not allowed!
      I don't dislike Ed Sheeran, but I've just heard his latest Irish ditty of a song and it is horrrrrrrrrrendous!

4 Not allowed!
      Typical UK.
      As soon as anyone is successful those "in the know" knock them.
      I am amazed how many NSC fans are fans of obscure bands/singers and are completely meh about anyone the doing well.
      No doubt Rag and bone man next to be rubbished?

Bet NSC would have been rubbishing the Beatles by 1965

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      Can't name a single one of his songs. Nice bloke I hear but appears to epitomise how everything has gone - absolute saturation and domination by a tiny minority who have such control they can squeeze out so called competition. I genuienly feel sorry for yoof today when it comes to music. Not nearly as exciting as growing up and discovering in 50s-90s. Still great music being made but as a fan there's now no shops, top 40 chart show, real surprises, NME and most of all no TDK A90 tapes! Anyway, you know what I mean. Hunting to find a record was quite exciting before going home to play or listen with your friends. Now, click download and listen in isolation on your smart phone headphones...zzzzz. And there was no ticketmaster so you could actually get to see bands without paying an absolute fortune because some Bot sucked up 20,000 before you can select which concert date you want. Nah, music today is quite a sterile affair. Christ, you don't even own it digitally once purchased.
      You've absolutely hit the nail on the head here. When I worked in London back in the 70s I was in and out of record shops each and every day. Now the only mainstream shop is the behemoth that is HMV who seem to be more interested in selling DVDs and games rather than music. Sheeran and Adele have just hit upon a formula that sells and are relentlessly cranking out "product" which they know will sell to people with no imagination.
      We learned more from a three minute record baby than we ever learned in school